Yoyo Shelf/Storage, what are you using in 2021?

Sickkkk

2 Likes

What a great idea. Nicely executed as well.
I think I will try to make one of those

2 Likes

25 Likes

What are the scissor looking things for in the bottom right?
Great collection

3 Likes

@Volksrob They are called thread snips or sawing scissors alot faster and easier on the fingers than standard scissors

3 Likes

Yep what @Yoyo_slacker said, I used to use scissors for making strings but my thread supplier had a deal on these thread clips for a dollar so I bought a dozen, figured that should be good for pretty much forever :joy:

4 Likes

I made it shorter and cleaned up some of the lines. I think it looks a little better.

28 Likes

Dont you prefer to protect the yoyos behind glass?
I’m thinking of making some display/storage solution for myself and was wondering about it.

2 Likes

I made this as soon as i got my peregrine. It holds 16 throws and I’m hoping it’ll stay that way for awhile. Lol The missing slot is where my YYR Diffusion goes.

14 Likes

This is my current setup. It is an old antique soda crate I found at a local shop. And yes, those are Star Wars action figures sitting on top.

21 Likes

A display case with glass doors would be top notch! A great way to display without the fear of someone picking up a grail and smashimg it into the ground :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

I’ve been thinking the same thing. I want to make a shelf with cubbies for each yo-yo, but worried that an earthquake or accidental bump could knock them off. @Raindog3030 I didn’t even think about someone grabbing one and butter-fingering it or dinging it.

3 Likes

You could hang them from the ceiling at varying heights, like model airplanes at a hobby shop.

That dollhouse idea is absolutely genius BTW, LOL!

Ivan

3 Likes

@AgentFlynn

1 Like

wow this is great work friend I love this

2 Likes

Easy way to deal with that is not having people over :wink: I like to blame it on covid but truth is I never had people over to my place before either… No risk of smashing a yoyo on the ground if there’s no one around to do the smashing!

7 Likes

To each his/her/their own, but personally I like to play with all my yoyos pretty regularly. I would get really sick of opening and closing a glass door every time I want to pull something off the shelf. Heck, I usually play video games I’ve downloaded rather than bought at a store, simply because I’m too lazy to get up and change a physical cartridge. If I want my yoyos to be very secure I could put them in a padded case but honestly, even my most expensive yoyo is still ultimately a chunk of metal intended to be thrown at the ground at high velocity. To me, putting a pane of glass in front of it is just an extra annoyance between me and the toy I want to play with, and wouldn’t offer any real extra protection.

Just my two cents though, of course if you want to put glass on the front go for it. If I had a collection of priceless yoyos that were meant to look at not touch, I totally would put doors on the shelf.

9 Likes

Introverts unite!

7 Likes

Sure but like, I’m crazy busy lately… Let’s just unite some other time. Oh next Saturday? Sorry that’s no good for me. Yeah I’m sure we’ll get together sometime, I’ll definitely call you and totally won’t “forget”!

Edit: meant to post this as a reply to @Raindog3030 as a joke about being an introvert, but it didn’t post as a reply for some reason. Lol whoops.

7 Likes

Lol, naw…you got it, it just doesn’t show the little reply icon (weird, right?)

Cheers dude, I know whatchya mean :sweat_smile:

3 Likes