Yoyo Shelf/Storage, what are you using in 2021?

I built a janky 16 compartment hanging shelf a couple months back out of scrap I had lying around the garage. Janky since I did all my cuts and routes with a small circular saw, the table saw was down for maintenance…functional but not pretty!

Out of pure laziness, I started searching for purchasable premade upgrade solutions. I noticed the once famed ArtMinds soda crate from Michael’s no longer exists…have you found something better?

Share your new/old storage and display solutions!!
20210107_103605|375x500

8 Likes

$5 at Target.

30 Likes

5 dollars!?!?!?! Man, that’s the real American way of life. Hahahaha, super nice.

4 Likes

I know, right? Total steal IMO. I have another stashed because, why not?

5 Likes

Hahahahah If I lived in US, I would probably spend 3 months income at Target, and after another 2 weeks most probably that I would regret 50% of it.

I’m just that dumb. lol

5 Likes

Never could find the Michael’s soda crates in stock before they were finally discontinued, but I got a shot glass display case for christmas. Still need to put it up but it looks similar to the golf ball / hockey puck display cases i’ve seen posted.

@Roy_Dodge do you remember the name of that? looks perfect and you can’t beat $5!

5 Likes

It’s very creatively called “display shelving.” My wife discovered it in the bargain area right at the store’s front door.

13 Likes

Because your collection will grow :smiley::yo-yo::upside_down_face::yo-yo::crazy_face::yo-yo:

4 Likes

Got a bunch of these Napa Valley cases from thrift stores over the years. The build quality on these are great!
For this one i modified the cd/ 8track holders by cutting out every other shelf. Couldn’t get a great photo, but hopefully you get the idea…

16 Likes

I sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. My gf has a weird Target fetish or something so this will be a great excuse to appease her while secretly getting a great display ! :wink:

5 Likes

Haha… Happy to help. And good luck!

5 Likes

I use a spice rack that works exceptionally well if you aren’t trying to display. Also comes in different sizes!

8 Likes

t3828928

Here’s a pic of my main yoyo case. There are other, smaller, cases around the property.

11 Likes

Will it hold them all?

4 Likes

My wife sometimes wonders how it does! She asked me if we should buy another home, for the yoyos! :flushed: At least she didn’t suggest we needed another house for me! :smiley:

8 Likes

Glad I saw this. I’ve been meaning to make one of these for too long! Inspired again! :star_struck:

17 Likes

Shout out to @Roy_Dodge for mentioning that Target shelf. My girlfriend was able to snag one for me on one of her recent trips, ha!

In our bedroom I have a different shelf mounted that I got online. I let me gf pick the throws she thought looked the best to put on that one since she was gracious enough to let me put them on the wall <3

And in a case in the top drawer of my desk are the six throws I tend to reach for the most

17 Likes

Have you ever considered that, it may not be the number of yoyos in your case, the monetary value of the yoyos in your case, the collectibility of the yoyos in your case, but the space the yoyo holds in your heart that is the best case?

Weird thought! lol

8 Likes

this is what I use. Dont have a picture of mine though.

9 Likes

I too picked up the recommendation from @Roy_Dodge

Cleaned up the shelf nicely! Thanks. My wife loves them because theres no more room for more throws! :slight_smile: I see 5 slim line slots! Taking recommendations for the best slim line throws.

13 Likes