Yoyo Shelf/Storage, what are you using in 2021?

I was not concern about falling or people messing with them, more about dust and dirt. I have cats, plants and about 5 construction site around my place. I am with bad wolf in the opinion that yoyos are for play and not just display (not that i have problem with other opinions), I see that most people use open shelving, and I will probably do the same because glass in more complicated, but now I keep the majrity in plastic boxed because I don’t know how harmful the dust and cat hair might be.

6 Likes

I use these display cases… they are 35 usd on Amazon. I like to be able to see the yoyo without having to worry about dust.

21 Likes

I was thinking of making something similar. What did you make yours out of? Looks great :+1:

1 Like

Yeah I’m with you, my yoyos aren’t behind glass because they are priceless artifacts. I keep them there because it looks cool and the display case in general makes it easier to select my next one to play with. Lessening dust is just an added benefit.

4 Likes

That’s a really good point I hadn’t considered. I have dogs, and they shed like crazy so I just kind of consider replacing a bearing once in a while as part of the cost of the hobby. But yeah if you want to keep fur and dust off, that’s a great reason to use a glass front or some other kind of full enclosure.

4 Likes

What is the shelf called ?

2 Likes

Thanks a lot. I used foam core board and black duct tape to cover it.

4 Likes

4 Likes

A collage of the various boxes and organizers i use for displays…
Think that amazon display case is next on my list.

21 Likes

Got some of your ideas @AKYOYOMIKE , and finally I decided to organize a yoyo space. I still don’t know if this display will be just for this picture, since I had to stuff other things that were in this place. Hahaha

20 Likes

You just need another display :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

5 Likes

Better stock up on string, buddy. Looks like you could run out any day now :wink:

6 Likes

Not a chance, wife is already MAAAADDD.

4 Likes

I have a hidden stash with muuuch more. LOL

6 Likes

And I thought I had a lot! Anyway, display looks nice!

5 Likes

I have a yoyo collection, but I’m not much of a collector. I only keep one yoyo out at a time, and I have no desire to display my yoyos. I’ve also decided that I won’t put a limit on the number of yoyos I own, but I will limit the volume they can occupy, specifically to these five plastic containers.

The top three containers are all metal unresponsives. The fourth from the top is plastic and hybrid unresponsives. The bottom container is all responsive yoyos. The three smaller containers are strings, parts, accessories, etc. Here they all are spread out.

27 Likes

I’m still figuring out my storage situation, but for now this set up allows me to occasionally hear the question “Why did you decide that a kitchen cabinet made sense as home for yo-yos?” My answer is that it seemed like one of the only places I could hang the strings where the kids can’t get to them.

15 Likes

Thanks amazon, $28. Apparently I need 2 more yoyos.

26 Likes

Super nice colour selection.

2 Likes

Famous last words.

9 Likes