YoYO ScIENCE

I was thinking about sciency things, then I realized… YoYOs could be used to create electricity!

If you put magnets on a yoyo’s rims, and stick the coil in the cup… it’d function like a generator.

Has anyone actually tried this? I think it’d actually work pretty well because the yoyo’s spinning so fast, it could move AlL tHe ElEcTrOnS!

14 Likes

Give it a go! Science it up!

3 Likes

found this article. It’s actually really cool. Imagine using hubstacks to generate power to charge your phone.

NEWS FLASH: COUNTRIES BEGIN TURNING AWAY FROM FOSSIL FUELS TO YOYOS FOR CLEAN ELECTRICITY

8 Likes

WHAT this is awesome

2 Likes

Yo, imagine using a performance Yoyo that also has a system that can store energy in built in button batteries or something like that.

Yeah, put magnets on the yoyo, spin it, and stick a copper wire between the spinning magnets and hook it up to a capacitor. Boom. It’s a yoyo powered battery pack. I’m thinking about putting magnets on the hubstacks of my Nine Dragons and the wire and capacitor on the cup. Though I’d probably have to do it for both halves of the yoyo otherwise it’d be too unbalanced.

1 Like