Electric Yoyos?

An idea popped into my head the other day. It was a yoyo that can use electricity, but I couldn’t think of a good purpose that electricity could serve in a yoyo. So I’ve been wondering:
If you had to incorporate the use of electricity into a yoyo’s design, what would you use it for? Powering lights?

Yeah powering lights would probably all I would do. If you made them motorized it would take all the fun out of them.

1 Like

There is a yoyo that lights up and uses a generator instead of batteries.

It’s one of the Blazing Team yoyos.

Edit: Now that I think of it, just having a capacitor or battery pack in the yoyo would be great.
Then you could put a USB port on it and charge your phone.

I want one of these@

1 Like

I have a fun nostalgic yomega rpm, it has an led display that shows max rpm, ypu can try and do most loops per 60 seconds, etc. its kinda fun. Still works too.

It shows like how fast the yoyo is spinning or how fast you are doing loops? Either way it sounds super cool! :slight_smile:

I’m quite impressed to see how much this has already been implememtned into yoyo designs. It’s got to be very hard to dopesign something like this – fitting strong electronic motors into a yoyo? Ouch.

I saw both of these on Amazon for sale as old stock… kinda cool!

As far as truly electric as in motorized… that Bandai Hyper Infinity fits the bill, it took two AA batteries… 94 grams is quite heavy not sure if that included the weight of the AA batteries, either!

“the only known motorized yo-yo ever sold on the market.”

I found an RPM the other day in a box’o random yos! I need to battery it up to see if it still works.