Yoyo scars/ The lions have bit me

Lol, how did you get his string? haha

Well, I’m in a walking boot know, but here’s the link: http://shop.yoyoexpert.com/product/295/YoYoFactory-Super-Long-String---10-Pack

Cool stuff. I think I would’ve loved it. Then it fractures my foot. First time yoyoing is almost impossible. Hurts to stand. Who would’ve thought that I could fracture my foot yoyoing?

Ohhh.

Ouch ._.
I didn’t know a yoyo could fracture bone. I think this officially makes it a sport. lol

I think so. Real injury means it could qualify as a sport. That’s part of George Carlin’s requirements. If it’s good enough for him, it’s good enough for me.

I mean, a metal yoyo sailing through the air after snapping off the string has got a lot of energy left in it. Given the right circumstances, as unlikely as they are, could end up resulting in some fairly catastrophic results.

If a tiny bullet can cause major injury, imagine what a yoyo could do!

3 Likes

So now yoyoing is not a tospobby, it is a sport. I don’t see why yoyoing can’t be an olympic sport. It would be fun to see all throwers come together on one team to defeat another country. The community should do something like that where its country vs country.

If they can have speed walking and curling ans olympic sports, I don’t see why not.

If they are making crap up like “pairs diving”… I mean, come on, talk about padding the events list.

They added snowboarding a while back. Then why not skateboarding for summer? You have ice skating, why not roller skating and/or inline skating.

The have shooting in the biathalon, and in summer, they have air gun and archery. Why not add darts as well?

So, why not yoyo? Good idea.

The judging aspect of yoyoing is too hard for most countries to have a judge for. It’s not easy to judge, trust me. It’s actually pretty hard. You need to know what’s easy and what’s hard and what’s insanely ridiculously hard. Training someone to judge just a yoyo contest takes years and an every changing combination of styles means that all of the judges would have to live yoyoing to keep up with everything.

I agree with the statement that judging isn’t easy. Especially with the speed aspects some players use. It also doesn’t help from my point of view how most of the high level players make almost all of it look easy.

But, alas, there are plenty of Olympic events that require a judged score rather than a straight up “score a point” method or “bigger” or something with a tangible method of keeping track of who is leading. Gymnastics, diving, synchronized swimming, skating and snowboarding come to mind as events that are judged. Heck, why not add surfing too with the same subjective scoring method?

It CAN be done. But will it be done is a whole other issue. Personally, I’m not sure if enough interest could be generated for this idea to be taken seriously. Yes, I realize that some events don’t have massive numbers of participants, even with well over 100 nations competing at the Olympics as a whole. But I don’t see enough interest in general to make yoyo be considered an Olympic event. Out of curiousity, how many entrants were there for Worlds in 2011 and how many countries were represented? Broken down further, what was this break-down in the individual styles of 1-5A? Unlike at the regular contests that are held(regional, state, national, world) that allow walk-ins, the Olympics would be limited to pre-qualified contestants only.

That leads me to a question that I’m sure someone can answer:
How is point scoring done? Is this done in an additive manner where points are racked up based on a set criteria, or is this more of a “100 must” system and then deductions are taken based on errors? I know points are taken away based on stuff like errors and drops/knots/changing yoyos.

I also think we could get big names like Jensen Kimmit or something beacause, besides fracturing your foot with really long string, you most likely won’t get injured. In other sports, this deters many high-profile atheletes.

It’ll never happen but good luck hoping.

I don’t think I have any scars but I’ve taken a wicked fast 888x to the temple and eye. My eyelid bled a little and it hurt to blink for about a week.

You can check for knots/snags all you want, getting hit the face with a yoyo is unavoidable.

recently yesterday i got stitched close to my eyebrow. my mother was furious!

3 Likes

because I used a worn out string!

2 Likes