yoyo related injuries.

Too many places… (I don’t want to type it all out. :smiley: )

Currently my wrist is hertin pretty bad I think it’s from not changeing out my sting much (I get lazy) but ya if you got any info on that subject I could sure go for sum

Ive been hit in the head/face countless times. I worst time was when it knocked my glasses off and caused bleeding to my eyebrow. I will always have a scar above my eyebrow now.

I busted my chin when I first started throwing my metal drifter and decided it was time to step down to a plastic throw for awhile. I always seem to hit my “funny” bone at least once a day too for some reason lol

It hurts sooo bad when it hits your knuckle and also your elbow in just the right (or wrong) spot and it’s just an insane pain. Especially when you really throw it hard and then you hit yourself.

When i was starting my velocity kept hitting me on the same spot on my elbow it was sore for a day or two. Also got hit right under my eye with my L3, and right after i read this my yoyo barely hit my glasses.

almost broke a tooth once with my steamroller, hit my nostril yesterday, knuckles A LOT

I dropped my Mini-Star on my foot this morning!

I’m glad it wasn’t a full size throw.

I hit myself in the face with my Fiesta and now I have a scratch beside my eye.

CW die right to the forehead. Thank you Duncan for rounding the corners the could have hurt a lot more.

Good post. I think I sprained my thumb on my throw hand some how. I believe when I was practicing for 3 hours trying to do a video for a impersonation contest I hit my thumb a couple of times pretty hard when binding my genesis back up. That is a pretty solid metal and It has been very sore the past couple of days so I think I did something to it. First time I have actually hurt myself yoyo’ing but I have came close several times on knocking myself or a child out lol.

so last sunday my friend, david, (lilprodigy) was throwing and practicing his buddhas revenge. upon binding it, he got a knot in his string. he was unaware of the knot and threw it only for it to rebound and smack him right in the forehead. it left a cut right above his left eyebrow that wouldnt seem to stop bleeding. so we rushed him to the hospital. after some bandaging and talking to doctors, we were told he got a mild concussion from this incident.

im curious to hear everyones stories, because i know there are more like this out there!

When i was doing skin the gerbil one day there was a knot in my string and i didnt know and the yoyo snapped back and broke my finger :slight_smile:

I threw a super hard one and a half mount, and skinned the skin on the back of my right hand. I didn’t even realize until I felt something wet on my hand and I looked down and almost had a heart attack. Blood. Lol not as bad as it looked, just washed it and put a bandage on. It stung bad though when I washed it.

I was taking out a knot in my yoyo, and I handstarted it, and it swung right in between my eyes. Thank goodness for my glasses or else I would have gotten a Huge bruise. The glasses still left an imprint though. That night my mom asked,“Did something bump you in the eye”…

The same day i got my prelude I got a knot and hit me just left of my left eye where my glasses weren’t covering. It left a mark that went away and it still hurts if you put pressure.

worst thing i did was attempt a mach 5 on my brand new Yomega Maverick…It snapped back after i finished the trick(thankfully), but because it was so sudden, i failed to catch it, and it hit me in the forehead…it hurt, trust me.

I’ve been hit square in the chest by other people yoyoing and I’ve hit myself everywhere twice.

One time I was throwing a breakaway and it was notted, my sasquatch came up and hit my nth and it sprained it bad almost broke it so i had to wear a splint thing.

glad it wasnt me, but not so happy that someone got hurt… my cousin asked me to walk the dog, and i did so… well during the trick, she decided to touch it… well it grinded up her arm and right into her face… not the most fun thing to be explaining to my aunt

i do blame my self for being a bit too careless

broke my glasses looping