Yoyo recomendation

What is the best 1a yoyo for between $100-200?

2 Likes

I am really impressed with the Shutter Elite.

1 Like

This is such a broad category

do you have anything you could put in to narrow it down even a little bit?

5 Likes

I don’t want to sound unhelpful but your question can’t be answered.

First, everyone has an opinion on what is “best”.

Second, the price range of $100-200 encompasses probably 50% of the throws released in the last 2 years.

We will need more to go on here.

Do you have a preferred shape? Weight? Size? Manufacturer?

What is your experience level? Can you bind?

Again, not being uncooperative but your question is far too vague to give you an honest answer.

I could tell you to go drop $180 on a YoYo Friends Anomaly because I love that one and it’s in your range. That doesn’t make it the best though.

Help us help you. :grin:

Enjoy the throw
kgb

3 Likes

I’m really loving the bathysphere and monarch.

5 Likes

Hinemuso
Galaxy dinosaur

1 Like

i would get the Autoscopy. It is made for 3A but its 1A is so good.

2 Likes

Atmos projects and Motion both make incredible throws!

1 Like

Hi, I’m 9 years old, I have been yoyoing for almost 2 years. I can bind and can do a lot of tricks like DNA, Kwijibo, yuki slack, and jade whip. I’m working on getting all of the 1a sport ladder tricks down so I start competing. Right now my favorite yoyos ate the godspeed and the DNA. Thank you for your help.

5 Likes

And you could get both for just a little over a hundo although, I think they’re both sold out now. Monarch would probably be pretty easy to get on the BST. I have yet to see anyone relinquish a bathysphere though. I’m pretty sure mine will have to be pried from my cold dead hands. I’m kicking myself for not getting two.

2 Likes

Save yourself a buck and get the Spotlight or R-Type. If you wanna cash out a lil Yoyofriends just released the Papercut, and there are many more great options like the W!LD (W1LD), Plasma Crash (C3yoyodesign), Klondike (CLYW), GTR-JS (Duncan), and Grasshopper 2 (Duncan)

I advise saving some money lol.

7 Likes

If you’re quick, Patrick has Monarchs on sale on his site, for his birthday this weekend that just passed.

2 Likes

the edge beyond and the shutter elite are really good from past experinces

1 Like

Best is subjective but…

If you’re okay with a blue yoyo. I truly don’t see how you beat a brand new GTR for $65.00. Surely, there could be “better” yoyos, but considering Justin and Kris used this yoyo to win many competitions last year, I would say that it’s proven it’s ability in capable hands. (there’s only two left)

This leaves you with plenty of left over money to buy another yoyo, or supplies/case, etc.

Has anyone used any of these yoyos? Peregrine, Hydrogen Crash, Krown .Wst, Pharaoh+, and Physix. They all look good, but I’m not sure what the differences are. I’m really leaning toward the Peregrine, but want to know what other peopme think.

1 Like

The Hydrogen Crash and Wst are in the light and fast category.
Wst can push faster and slightly more power, hydrogen crash is lighter and easier to control.

1 Like

whichever ones the cheapest, given your current trick set there’s no reason to go all out on >$100 yo-yos, especially at your age.

very true statement here, quality mono metals can get you very far and don’t deal with rim alignment issues if you ding it (which you most likely will)

2 Likes

Papercut is a great deal right now for the money. Not the best for fingerspins but doable if thats important to you.

2 Likes

agreed

The GTR is really good. I can’t believe it’s going for only $65.