Yoyo Pet-Peeves

I agree with “tosses” and “throws”, but I will often say “I’m throwing my today” because saying “I’m yo-yoing my today” doesn’t sound right.

1 Like

Yeah haha I sometimes say it too but I try to catch myself.

“But can he walk the dog?”

I look at it this way - you can throw a yo-yo, but you can’t yo-yo a throw :wink:

1 Like

you know one of these threads gets started every couple of months… kind of funny. oh yea… my pet peeve is when people randomly get bored and post pet peeve threads on yoyoexpert… lol

1 Like

When people use their oversized yoyos as bowls. Eating raisins and stuffs out of them. I almost never forget something like that.

1 Like

“YO-YO-YO, it’s Mr. YO-YO.”
“My name is Logan”

WHEN I YELL!

As long as that’s something you control, you should have zero problems.

Here are a few of my favorite<>

…When somebody buys a YYR Yoyo for well over 100 bucks and then lives in fear of ‘unscrewing it’.

…When somebody buys a YYR Yoyo for well over 100 bucks and then lives in fear of ‘unscrewing it’.

Those are prolly my top 3.

I guess the 4th would be about expensive yoyos that are supposed to be really good, but you aren’t supposed to unscrew them.

Last but not least, is actually one that should be my number one choice. > when somebody posts up a Yoyo in the BST and says,‘Yoyo has some vibe. But most of it can probably be tuned out’.

I Always wonder; if most of the vibe can probably be tuned out; why doesn’t the guy 'tune it out before he posts up the yoyo(that needs tuning)?

And if the guy isn’t good enough to tune the vibe down,himself; then how does he know how much of the vibe can be ‘tuned out’?

5 Likes

Well you can blame Rewind for that one.

I dislike unscrewing my yoyos, but its only because it’s a pain when you don’t have a table and I’m paranoid about dust in my bearings.

I’ve tried to keep peeves as pets, but they always die when I forget to feed them.

yoyodoc, you win a few weeks worth of internets for the one about the “tunable vibe” in the BSTs. THANK YOU!

I think my only real pet peeve is not having access to cheap tracked shipping for BSTs. :wink: So annoying to have to reassure people that Canada is safe to ship to/from even without tracking! A lower price would also make it easier to TRY ALL THE THROWS (that one for you, Owen!).

(seriously, though, I do actually say things like, “The Nomad is a really sweet throw.” I used to find it annoying too, but somehow it just crept in and stuck…)

Other pet peeve: you have a bearing that is performing PERFECTLY… smooth, long-spinning, and (most importantly) quiet! Then it starts to screech out of nowhere. OD 10-ball, I’m mainly looking at you, but it’s not truly brand-specific… can happen to any of’em.

MIB one ding…

1 Like

when someone leaves their throw outside,and when someone DOesnt unscrew a yoyo to get the knot out, i just feel its lazy. the ability to unscrew it is apart of an unresponsive yoyo, take advantage of it and use it…the whole “tune out” thing goes right over my head, if it has some vibe then change the bearing and the string and repeat till you find it some clothes that fits it.
And it kills me when people blame pads for binds.
and of course the orignial “can you walk the dog?”
we will always get that question till the day we die XD

When you lose your yoyo… Jk how about when you find your dog chewing it up or licking it

I remember going to a meet once and finding out that one of the guys there used his YYF Proton as an ash tray. The thing has seen better days… and it stunk. :stuck_out_tongue:

Why is it lazy? I’ve done that plenty of times and ended up with vibe that wasn’t there before I unscrewed it, and I don’t particularly enjoy jacking with it to try to get rid of it. It doesn’t bother me all that much, but as we all know there are lots of folks who won’t buy a yoyo that isn’t “dead smooth” and since I do sell from time to time, I just as soon avoid it unless I want to change a bearing or the knot is serious. I’d rather just pick it out (which usually takes far less time than unscrewing) and keep throwing.

when everyone at worlds says they must unscrew my yoyos in order to sign on them

You feel every spec of dust in a 10-ball. I don’t use them much because of it.