Yoyo only vibrates when throwing after a crappy bind. Is this normal?

If I get a nice tight bind and throw it spins fine but whenever I do any kind of cool binds, then I throw it and it vibrates like hell.

3 Likes

It sounds like the issue may be your throw. Bad binds can contribute to a bad throw. I wouldn’t worry too much about it. Keep practicing and it should clear up.

3 Likes

Thank you! This is great advice. Gotta keep shredding!

4 Likes

Exactly. If it’s only an issue on a bad bind, just keep playing. If there’s an issue with the yoyo you’ll experience it consistently. Keep it up and feel free to reach out with any questions

4 Likes

Thanks and will do!

1 Like

Maybe that isn’t vibe at all?

Do you hit the ground a lot?

Maybe your yo-yo is just shaking because it’s afraid of you?

2 Likes

Yes, I’ve noticed that as well. If the string is wound sloppy, even a straight throw will vibrate. And actually that vibe can cause a messy wind on the return. I’ll sometimes use a fingernail to smooth out a bad/vibey throw so the bind/wind will be cleaner for the next toss.

1 Like

I use my finger (like a grind) or carpet on my cheaper yo-yos… just a little touch smooths it out. I hope that isn’t bad advice…

1 Like

Hahaha im new to 1a and like a longer string so I do smack it on the ground every now and again haha so you might be right!

1 Like

Ive done the same thing haha it works!

1 Like