Yoyo is stuck. Can't open the yoyo

I bought the Magic Yoyo T9. The unresponsive bearing was included with the package. When I try to open the Yoyo in order to replace the responsive bearing, it’s stuck. I’ve tried a lot, with all my power. Both sides.
Do I need to do anything else to open it?

Hello and welcome to the forums !!! Nice to have you here :wink: was there a bearing removal tool inside the magicyoyo box ?? I remember buying some in the past and it came with one ?? Or you could always use pliers and carefully take off the bearing :grin:

1 Like

no man, that’s not the issue. The yoyo is stucked. It’s to tight to open the yoyo. I cant even reach the “bearing” step

Stick it in the freezer for around 20 minutes. I don’t know what types of metal the body and the axle are, but it’s worth a shot.

2 Likes

dont have a freezer :confused:

it’s aluminum body tho

Fridge worked for me as well :+1:

1 Like

These are the tools that I use in case I have to take off the bearing. (The left one comes in the magicyoyo boxes when I previously ordered some. I find my self using this one a-lot in case my other tool doesn’t reach in all the way) ( the right one is the yoyofactory multi tool it’s SUPER useful !!! This thing can cut string, take out axel’s, and (you guessed it) remove bearings. The only downside I have to this one is that the bearing removal piece is kinda small so you have to wiggle the bearing out a-lot so that’s why I have the magicyoyo tool because it’s so much bigger it requires less work ) the yoyofactory multi tool is only 5.99 if you would to get one I totally recommend it. I hope this helped out your problem :grin::+1:t2:

Oh my bad I thought you could open the yo-yo in half my apology’s sorry :sweat_smile:

i may have explained it in wrong way.

There are 2 sides of a yoyo, right?

You spin holding the yoyo from both sides then you open it.
then you can replace the bearing and stuffs.

But, I cant even spin the sides. The yoyo is very tight to open .

1 Like

I understand so it won’t even open that’s an interesting problem :thinking:

yeah man. finally someone understood me :joy:

2 Likes

Chill it in the fridge for a bit. Then try again. If still not working, have your strongest friend give it a go. I’ve had some stubborn yoyos before but they all eventually come apart - haven’t even had to resort to the freezer/fridge for this (as I have for stubborn bearings). Good luck!

2 Likes
5 Likes

broooooo
love you man, love you big time
this really worked at first time
you saved a soul

1 Like

I had a crazy stuck yoyo. The tape method worked like magic. Glad it worked for you too!

1 Like

this yoyo community is awesome. loved everyone’s responses :heart:

3 Likes