yoyo gloves

In the past I used zeekio yoyo gloves. And recently I’m thinking about getting duncan yoyo gloves. Are the duncan gloves higher quality? Are they worth the price? which should I get in your opinion?

I’ve never used a Zeekio yoyo glove(s) but I do use a Duncan yoyo glove. My hands don’t appear very large IMO so I ordered a medium sized glove. It was still too small. If you’re hand looks “medium” then you probably need a large. I ended up cutting the main tips of the fingers off so I could use it.

As far as how it performs… it does really, really well. I can’t even tell I’m wearing the glove. The material is very light and comfortable. You can slide the string across your fingers very quickly and not get burned. I’ve even done this with really rough string and didn’t feel much of anything. It may take a bit to get used to but for me, it’s worth it.

I’m not trying to be mean or anything, but if you don’t know the answer to a problem, please don’t post. If you think I’m being a jerk, PM me and we’ll talk about it.

Honestly, there won’t really be much of a difference between them. I would personally just stick with what you have, or go gloveless. What you have will work fine. You can get a Duncan one if you want, but I personally wouldn’t spend the extra money on it.

They are basically the same glove. Not too many companies make them. They may be the exact same glove. Get the cheaper one.

1 Like

I’m going to have to try these inexpensive gloves… I have been throwing a lot more lately and I literally have string burn on 2 fingers - the skin is raw! I tried using band-aids but the string goes through the thin ones… and the string gets caught on the thicker ones! Hopefully the gloves don’t feel to unnatural… there’s only one way to find out…

sorry to hear bout your fingers, i used to have the same problem until i learned the wonders of woven cloth bandaids. but for some reason now i dont need them anymore my hands just became immune to the damage i guess. i must admit i wonder what it would be like with a glove on. especially a glove designed to make playing more comfortable. i also kinda like the idea of cutting out the finger tips so there isnt that sensitivity deficiency. but more to the point soccerdude if your gonna get the gloves then i would stick with what you know. it has always worked well for me.

Personaly, I say don’t use gloves. Just let your hands toughen up a bit.

But if you do want gloves I think Duncan’s are the best out there.

I Personally do like Duncan Yo yo gloves but i don’t find yo yo gloves necessary IMO. but if you do really want them i say go with Duncan.

Agreed!

Gloves are totally unnecessary. Just play yoyo and your hands will callous over. You could also speed up the process with a little super glue. Just put a tiny dab on where the string is attached to your finger or makes the most contact, put another finger on that dab, then pull apart. It should leave a hard, rough surface similar to a callous.