Yoyo "exercises"

Anyone else have a list of basic tricks you like to do for days that you don’t feel inspired to come up with something new but still want to touch the yoyo and work on fundamentals like string hits and hooks etc?

I’m thinking tricks like black hops or specific whips with a goal of x amount done with no mess ups. If that makes sense at all.

1 Like

Branding is a fun one, I also like the sound my yoyo makes when the string slaps it.

You can never, NEVER, go wrong working the ladder! The ladder hits so many fundamentals. It’s a great foundation, makes you :muscle: .

4 Likes

I know ladder escape and ladde mount. But I’ve never heard just ladder?

………

6 Likes

Oh I’m sorry, I didn’t realize you mean the sports ladder

1 Like

I am stuck at step one

3 Likes

So many of these tricks I forgot about learning. Brining back the memories :+1:

1 Like

I remember always timing sleepers with a fixed axle, got a bearing yoyo and decided it was to boring to time sleepers. I always fell asleep before the yo quit spinning! zzZZzzzzzZzzZZZzzz

3 Likes

I use to time spin times all the time. YoyoDoc always had a great comment when I posted the time :+1: Just pop in a movie or turn on the tv, sit back and relax. After a while the only thing I timed was snap starts.

1 Like

This

4 Likes

I do this when I’m not thinking about what to do. (if that makes sense :slight_smile:)

6 Likes

That’s exactly what Life On Mars is like! :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

This is the trick do when I don’t feel like thinking.

5 Likes

I must learn this. It looks right up my alley

3 Likes

Mine too

1 Like

It’s one of my go to tricks to warm up

2 Likes

I really really really like that! If you had one of the newer yoyos that you can plug in and charge you’d be able to do it for hours without losing spin.

3 Likes

This list looks like the list of tricks you had to be able to do to be able to enter some events when i last yoyoed often. Is that still a thing? I believe they were called “compulsory”.

I miss Iron whip so much, I’d be out.