yoyo club

Hey guys. I am starting a yoyo club at school and I need some advice. what yoyo would be the best for the rest of the kids to start off with. it would have to be cheap. and be able to progress with them for a very long time. what I was thinking was the velocity because you can adjust its responsiveness. so post back and tell me what you think would be the best yoyo. (other advice would help alot too) thanks.

Velocity, fast 201, just make them buy it.

Velocity or a FHzero, but remember to buy extra pads with them!

It depends on what you mean by cheap. Are we talking really cheap like the Mosquito (Which is what I started out with and it’s great but isn’t amazing quality. It’s great for the price though… Not to mention it’s only 7 bucks) or The Velocity (Which is a much better quality throw and will last much longer but is also 20 bucks)

Velocity

a good cheap yoyo is a velocity,grind machine,or a protostar :smiley:

I wouldn’t recommend a PGM or a Protostar because they are unresponsive and will be very hard for beginners to learn on.

I told all the kids at my school to get a pgm (or a proto star if they can afford it.) and some thin lube as their 1st yoyo. And If they don’t know how to do a bind on a responcive duncan or whatever, I just tell them to get a bottle of thick lube with it. It is cheap. And as soon as they learn to bind, which only takes like a day, then I tell them to put thin lube on it, and enjoy the unresponciveness. :wink: All the kids at my school thanked me for telling them to get a pgm, and not a duncan or a dm. They like it better than the dm. (i do too, but that is my opinion. no hard feelings tword yyj, i am just telling my opinion and what my friends say.) They are getting more and more advanced everyday! :slight_smile:

I would have to say Velocity or a YYJ Plastic. Those can get you all the way through the tuts here and they are quite durable. The pro for the velocity is it’s adjust-ability. If they are willing to spend a bit on a yoyo, PGMs and Protostars are also good but clubs are hard to start if you tell them they have to buy a yoyo that might cost 25+ dollars. At the moment, I plan on ordering projams for starting my club. They are 5 dollars bulk for starting at 20 of them and although they are starburst responses, they can be unresponsive.

Hey,

I think you should get a velocity or a power brain XP because like you said, a velocity can be ajusted but a power brain XP has the smart switch where you can swith it to responsive or unresponsive.
Also, I have a question. Is there still a chat night every Thursday?

I have to say that the velocity is the only true beginner to advanced yoyo on the market. It’s so adjustable it’s pathetic. lol

It is very hard to be a smooth player when you start on an unresponsive yoyo. In my opinion, everyone should own at least one responsive yoyo.

The PGM is a pretty terrible yoyo to start with.

I think a kickside would be a good yoyo to start on.

Since you’re starting a club, get an idea on how many people are coming. If you are a student, I don’t think you can afford like 10 Kicksides or 5 Velocities right of the bat and then find out not many people came. Then you’re stuck with a whole lot of yo-yo’s. Get an estimate of how many people would join and then calculate your budget. If a lot of people join and would committ themselves, get something like a FAST 201 or maybe some Mosquito or Freehands. If not many people come, get some Velocities or YYJ Plastics and go from there. Remember, don’t overspend yourself. The yo-yos you want are just straight up beginner yo-yos that will advance with them, and sometimes that can put a dent in your wallet. Think of the kids first but keep yourself in mind also.

yea. I was gonna buy bulk from yoyosam because im somewhat friendly with those guys down there. but I think my best bet to start with is the velocity. thanks once aagain