Yoyo CAD & Prototyping Adventures

Lo behold; my new bimetal design with a press fit steel hub:
Bimetal%20V2%20Render%20%231 Bimetal%20V2%20Render%20%232 Bimetal%20V2%20Render%20%233 Bimetal%20V2%20Render%20%234

Specifications:
Diameter - 57mm
Width - 44mm
Weight - 65g
Bearing Size - C
Axle Type - M4x0.7 12mm
Material: 7075 Al (body), gold plated stainless steel (weight ring & hub)
Response - 19mm pads

10 Likes

looks a little bit like a cf, but not really

1 Like

Looks like the lovechild of an Aftershock and a CF

3 Likes

This is a really cool idea, it looks like that axle/hub area is going to hold up to a lot of punishment. How much does it add in centerweight vs. a similar aluminum hub?

4 Likes

hmm

Been experimenting with a cadence-like shape to see what pops out.

7 Likes

Those are some beefy rims

5 Likes

Looks good for thumb and talon grinds

3 Likes

thicccc

4 Likes

so much beef, vegetarians cringe at the very thought of them.

9 Likes

I think you meant VOLUPTUOUS

6 Likes

we havent forgotten you! this initial production run was a pre-order. The run is still manufacturing- ( a little slower than usual due to the Chinese new year shutdown this week) we are however on track to ship end of Feb. Cant wait to get these out to all our pre-order customers.

3 Likes

middle

Not sure when my next serious design will happen, haha.

7 Likes

Do you have some cross-section examples for bimetal designs? i want to try making some next. been doing monometals.

1 Like

Not one that I’ve had manufactured, but you could try something like this to start with:

https://a360.co/2DrVfKG

2 Likes

profileprplgloss

Something I’ve been working on as a personal project for fun.
Profile is Puffin3 inspired but more angular and taller, designed as a yoyo thats good for 3A and 1A

7075 aluminum
44width
58dia
66.5 grams(ish)

10 Likes

That’s a big diameter! What does the cup look like?

all everybody I just finished my first CAD drawing! A few questions, 1.) how do I get rid of these ugly “edge” lines? 2.) After the lines how do I render it with two halves and a bearing? 3.) how do I get that soft light background? Thanks yall i would really appreciate all comments!

Yoyo%20D%20Bearing%20v3

4 Likes

Switch Fusion to “Render” mode and apply the soft lighting scene to get soft lighting.

You can mirror that yoyo body to make the other half. Press “A” to bring up the appearance menu and look for the aluminum rough surface appearance.

You can bring in a bearing from the McMaster Carr catalog or draw your own (only really needs to be a cylinder to work) but it doesn’t matter a whole lot whether you have one there or not.

4 Likes

Sorry the only pic I have on my phone, beadblast looks so fluffy rendered in fusion heh.

4 Likes

Hey thank you I got everything but how to mirror do you mind elaborating on how I do that?

1 Like