Yoyo CAD & Prototyping Adventures

It is that way cause a D Bearing has a smaller diameter. But my CAD file might also be wrong too.
DStarter2
If you look there it is smaller but the response pads themselves are also smaller too.

1 Like

Eyeballing the yo-yos I have handy, the D bearing response groove is proportionally smaller and the metal “lip” between the ID of the response and the OD of the bearing seat is about the same as for a C bearing. This makes sense, since the string needs to be able to engage the response the same.

Other than keeping the response consistent, this allows a lower overall vertical distance spanning the entire response area (if that is a goal). What actually caught my eye on the original design was how high walled it was for a design that otherwise has a pretty wide open profile.

It is this way because I kept it with “Standard 19mm Pads” Should I have it with smaller pads?

After looking at even more D bearing yo-yos, I think it is just a perception problem on my part. Maybe because your design is not typical for D bearings. So put me down for one of these too!

Capstan 22 & Esper for reference

2 Likes

Is mine different because it isn’t organic?

Organics or just higher walls and less open catch zones seems more common recently, but maybe that’t just what is catching my eye.

If you can find good pictures of the Circle City Warhawk, IIRC that was designed to really optimize a competition profile for a D bearing.

Edit to add:

1 Like

this is my design
No photo description available.

1 Like

can someone make it better?

@ryan1
The yo-yo looks cool! What would you want someone to help you with?

yes can you make a better one here are the specs
53mm width

Size c bearing

Standard response

66g weight

1a competition yoyo

Diameter 56mm

Angular design

bimetal

Okay, I will try.

Do remember respect who helped you designed it on Facebook, which is Stephen from ForYoSa.

You never asked about if you can post my design somewhere else, and I’m not quite happy about it.

@AtomicChessGuy please notice that this isn’t his design, I only gave him a sample screenshot of the design.

1 Like

Good job on the design @redzaku ! It looks very cool! I like little bump before the bearing. Sorry about someone posting it without consent. Regarding making @hello a yo-yo, I can still make a yo-yo for you, however, I would want to know what you are planning to do with the design?

1 Like

thanks for the help

i am planning to find a way to improve it and find a way to make my own

sorry

Fusion 360 and FreeCAD are both free and @MarkD has posted enough tutorials for anyone to easily design a yoyo. Just go back through this thread and you’ll find everything you need.

thanks but i have a chromebook ill try

If you are worried about conputing power I use Onshape which is cloud based.

thank you!