yoyo box

would you guys return a clyw if the box was slightly damaged do to shipping?

No, personally, I would not care about the box. Especially, if it was only “slightly” damaged.

2 Likes

paper boxes are super fragile. Charge it to the game. Imo there’s No reason to return it.

No but I bet CLYW would send you a new box if it really means that much to you and you ask nicely.

As long as the throw is fine I see absolutely no point in returning a clyw over a damaged box.

It’s a box. Boxes are used to protect the yoyo. I guess maybe we should ask for a box for the box. However, if the box for the box got damaged then we’d need a box for the box that the box was in. ::slight_smile:

If the box is important to you, you might try unfolding it and ironing it under low heat, using some mist to make the particles of wood more pliable.

2 Likes

I don’t know man… You might wanna freak out and send it back asap because once that box is worth a bunch of money in a few years, the damage is going to negatively affect its price.

1 Like

Did you buy it from us? If so give us a call or send an email and we can ship out a new box for you. If you bought it elsewhere just contact CLYW and i’m sure they won’t mind sending a new box either.

Well I ordered a yoyo one time and the string that came with it was bent ::slight_smile:

OH NO! this is outragious

I don’t get the ridicule in this thread - CLYW throws are expensive and some people collect them. If the box is damaged, the collectible value of the yo-yo goes down. All collectibles are worth more if they are mint in the original packaging, that’s just how collectible markets work. Just because you’re not a collector and the packaging doesn’t bother you, doesn’t mean it’s not a valid question from the OP.

I know it probably offends people to think that there may be a lot of CLYW yo-yos out there that rarely (if ever) get thrown, that live on a shelf to be looked at and admired. Deal with it.

4 Likes

I personally throw away the box when I get a yoyo, but that’s just me, I don’t care about packaging much (though it is nice when there was a lot of thought put into designing the packaging). Just ask whatever store you bought it from or clyw themselves, they should be able to give you a new box

Maybe at one time. I kinda doubt run 10 of AC2s or whatever in common colorway XYZ has a real high collectors value. I’m sure it’ll sit on the BS/T for 30% below retail like all the rest with or without a slightly damaged box.

1 Like

The OP didn’t specify, it could have been a WM2 in Maiderade which only had 1 run and now it’s discontinued. Just saying that it’s pretty obnoxious behavior to make fun of someone for wanting a pristine box.

Collecting something doesn’t always have to correlate with it’s price.

Just because something isn’t worth a whole bunch on the market doesn’t take away it’s collectability to the right person.

My chief didn’t come with a box, and I actually went to the bst and bought a box for it since clyw didn’t have any on hand. Some of us like to collect clyws and have the packages. I throw mine, but for my display, the box is part of it.

That being said, if I bought it new, I would try to salvage the box, make it presentable, but as long as the stamped flap was ok, it wouldn’t bug me much. Either way, I can see OP’s point. I’m getting an AC1 and Yeti in the mail soon, and I am a little bothered by the lack of a box, but the throws aren’t mint either, so I’ll probably buy duplicates with the box, or find the boxes at a later date, because I am into the collecting side of things.

1 Like

Glad some people get it. Collectors gonna collect :slight_smile:

I play my throws, but I do like having the box.

Straight into my sig, gahahahaha!!!

I collect boxes, so I would certainly consider trying to get a new one. I agree with Chimera on this one for sure.

I don’t like to buy CLYWs from the BST if there is no box.