yoyo box

Yea I save my CLYW and OD boxes but none of my other boxes I just keep the boxes from those companys because the artwork is so well done

I keep OD, CLYW, YYF, YYJ, C3, and… yup, pretty much all boxes.

I personally wouldn’t care.

As for the collecting side. Yeah, I get the theory. In theory it’s going to be worth more to have a pristine box. On the other hand, yoyos are not packaged or sold in the same way that a true collectible is. If I take a yoyo carefully out of the box, play it a few times, and carefully put it back in the box, nobody buying it will ever know. We don’t have a system of appraisers in place, nor a set of standards.

Yoyos are only on the “collectible” market in the same way that any other toy is. Make no mistake… our yoyo collections will not appreciate. If you’re lucky and get something like an RSL or a Peak or whatever becomes the equivalent in a few years (we don’t know, but maybe a first run Berserker SS becomes that thing? Who knows?), you might get a yoyo that appreciates. But even then, it’s never going to be by thousands. Collections in the yoyo world are for collections’ sake, not to gain value but to enjoy owning (whether that’s for display or for play).

So before we get too bent out of shape either way… is this yoyo going to be played? If the yoyo is going to be played, it doesn’t matter in the least whether the box is damaged or not. The mintiness of the box only matters for so long as the yoyo itself maintains mintiness and not a moment longer.

I used to throw boxes away until I became active on the BST forum. A paper box might fetch an extra $5-10, depending on the particular throw. Other than that, I’ve got no love or use for the boxes, just take up space in one of my closets. :stuck_out_tongue:

This is the only reason I keep boxes, for the most part. I know others care about them and it is often easier to sell a used yoyo with one.

BTW, there are many people on the BST who sell CLYW boxes. You could check out them.