Yoyo Boomers Club

Those look sweet.

Way back in this thread was an image of a bomb that just said Yoyo Club, in the style of Spy Vs Spy I think.
I really like the idea of shirts that just say Yoyo Club, seems like you could target a much bigger cross section of yoyoers.

Almost all the artwork is something I’d wear, and if there’d been a lack of sponsors for FAF I would still be in it for a tshirt or hat as a prize

7 Likes

There is a folder on the club drive with all the previous logo ideas including the bombs.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/11JaiWwp3zygkh4Vk2RIOxUveC3UZQww9

I tried to consolidate everything so we could keep track of stuff and draw on it later

3 Likes

Cheers for that.

I’m not so fussed about the bomb art, and if people have legit complaints then that’s fine. I grew up next to a haematite mine and to me explosives are for turning mountains into ore. I like the station wagon art most anyway.

Yoyo Club just has a nice ring to it, the 3 note jingle thing. And if every club has a different name I thought this might help boost merch sales without increasing the variety your shop is producing. Not trying to change the name of the Boomers club or anything.

Also, in Australia boomer is slang for a kangaroo as well as the whole baby boomer thing

3 Likes

I love Higby’s art! Epic!

2 Likes

I like knowing that “boomer” in Australia means kangaroo.

4 Likes

Well now the logo needs a kangaroo in it :joy:

3 Likes

4 Likes

Maybe we can start calling our Monthly meetings Kangaroo Court :rofl:

3 Likes

Hey! What fonts did you use for that?

2 Likes

I had an idea for a leader but Captain Kangaroo was already taken…:rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

As a none member but a lurker and maybe one day member, the bomb ones I thought looked best. The higby style has never been my fav, but cool that he did that. Also makes me think of all the book stuff when I see his art and not sure if that’s good.

3 Likes

Hey Folks, quick question for you.
I see lots of folks using butterflies for the fixed axle challenge.
I have this one but its a C bearing.
Is it the XT in the name that signifies the difference?
Are regular butterflies actually fixed axle, or do most of you mod them.
Just asking because i would like to buy a fixed butterfly. Just dont want to end up with another bearing one
Thanks

6 Likes

Yes. The XT is the bearing version. Standard Butterfly is fixed.

3 Likes

Yep Duncan has a few “butterfly” models. The cheapest butterfly is just called a Duncan butterfly. The xt is an upgraded version that uses a bearing. There are a few other versions as well (aluminum, micro, etc) but for your uses a simple Duncan butterfly is what your looking for they are usually 5 bucks at your local target or heck I’ve seen them at Cracker Barrel. Yye doesn’t sell the fixed axle version but if you want to buy online that rainforest named site has them cheap.

Do note there are new and old molds the newer mold is more solid than the older but they both work fine.

New

Old

This is what you’re looking for just pick your favorite color. Purple and pink are exclusive to certain stores

Also check this thread out Butterfly Hype-Beasts Thread 🦋 - More colours and special editions?

4 Likes

Wow, thanks so much for all the info.
I have never ever seen any Duncans at toy stores here in Canada. I found this the other day, but it doesn’t play very well.

3 Likes

You can get a Legend Wing wooden fixie from John Higby’s site for $10, and it’s custom-painted!

4 Likes

It is fixed axle though. And here you have to race what you bring…:rofl::rofl:

I have this. it doesnt play so well. It seems like the string wore a groove that is very colse to one half of the yoyo, so it doesn’t respond so well. Or doesnt sleep, one or the other.

3 Likes

I had a similar issue with a legend wing. Used a file to make a new groove in the middle it took some effort but it works pretty okay.

i was thinking of that. i will give it a try.
thanks