Yoyo Boomers Club

Hmmm odd, I scanned it at larger than ever needed quality.

Can you resend me the original?

1 Like

PM’ed

1 Like

@GnarlyCharlie got me HOOKED UP!

Also, got another idea in mind that’s SUPER radical.

2 Likes

@Pun1sh3R - What do you think about a 2024 Commemorative Glass?

I think I’d drop the black text down a bit, but this is the general idea.

8 Likes

Sick! I’d be in for one :slight_smile:

1 Like

Dope

1 Like

I love the idea of releasing a new glass every year with different art from someone in the community.

I’d love to get some @DocPop art on YYBC merch in the future!

8 Likes

if you could pull in enough art, you could do one a month opening the door for the style themed months like 5a may etc, as well as holiday themes

1 Like

They’re a bit pricey, but here it is!

3 Likes

While I love the idea, I think we do enough merch throughout the year. I’d like the glass to be a “special” once-a-year type of thing.

5 Likes

Dang it!! Now I gotta have a glass and a hoodie. :rofl:

1 Like

Yeah. I’m gonna have to get a glass for sure. Just need to decide which hoodie I want!

What was the updated string you were recommending to try for the workhorse? I may need to grab some of that was well while I’m in there. :slight_smile:

Someone had mentioned to try thin Catalyst also for a different throw I was looking for a thinner string on…

I’m not selling Catalysts yet, but I can always toss one in with any other string/counterweight order you make. (I think @Captrogers was talking about a v1 Catalyst for what you’re thinking. I’m currently on v4…and may never be happy with them)

Inks and Elixirs are my two premium string types. Inks are slipperier, and Elixirs are pure Trilobal poly. Both strings will last a LONG time.

There’s also the Woody’s, which are similar to what came with the Workhorse v2, but are easier to string up: 5pk V2 SOLUTIONS String - Woody Wagon Stain V2 Ether - Throw-Yo Threads

3 Likes

V1 catalyst made my el mijo unresponsive with a thin bearing lol. its wildly whippy string. its weird and for normal yoying its not it but for the flying lemon it works really really well which is odd but the pair matches up.

1 Like

v1 Catalyst was Wooly Nylon + Spun Poly
v2 Catalyst was Bonded Nylon + Trilobal Poly
v3 Catalyst was Bonded Nylon + Rayon
v4 Catalyst was Bonded Nylon + Wooly Nylon

Honestly…I just can’t seem to get a solid nylon string formula that I like. The only one that worked REALLY well for me was the Rainbow Emulsion strings I did for Pride month, which had a smidge of Wooly Nylon in them.

(BTW. Bonded Nylon feels like it’ll last longer than a human lifespan)

2 Likes

Ever look into creating a challenge coin? I’d be down to buy one if anyone has ever gotten them made.

2 Likes

That would be neat

1 Like

i think i’ve tried the v1 and v2 so far and honestly v2 was a miss i hope you dont take offense to that. v1 has a niche use case in throws that need string that makes even the most stubborn yoyo unresponsive but it still isn’t up to par.

Rayon sounds neat but i imagine it would be a bit rough and bonded with wooly sounds really interesting would that end up being super soft?

2 Likes