Yoyo Boomers Club

It’s still only one yoyo

1 Like

Anyone can be a boomer and our events are always open to everyone regardless of affiliation with the club

6 Likes

Can we come up with a fun way for people to “tap out”? A tracked, honor-system based way of saying, “I failed, good luck to everyone else”?

We can make it fun. If you fail to play one yoyo, then what was the yoyo that swayed you into cheating on your “One?”

For example, someone could post something like this:

“Well, I failed. I was looking through some boxes and ran across my old butterfly from my childhood, and I couldn’t help myself.”

7 Likes

Please keep you arms and legs inside the vehicle at all times, as the animals outside love to eat them…

3 Likes

I’ll leave it to a vote let the “community” decide IE whoever is in this thread at this time :slight_smile:

2 Likes

In my opinion

I do like the idea of being able to change configuration but it does seem unfair to the people that don’t have the option to do that. I think I’m going to change my vote.

2 Likes

This is the losest challenge the club has done so far with no prizes nor ability to verify anything. It’s all on your honor and the prize is knowing you did the thing. So the idea of folks jumping in saying what yoyo got them to switch is a fun idea in my book

Also keep in mind this is for July

6 Likes

That sounds fun. Maybe a separate thread for One July confessions… or defeat.

4 Likes

Probably Workhorse v1, because I’m already kinda doing it now. Work isn’t giving me much breathing room for throwing and my other hobbies at home (a la dinkleberg: homelaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaabbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb) currently getting in the way, leaving me only time to throw when walking my (very real, irl, not trick) dogs, which, as you may or may not know, doesn’t have a whole lot of ability to use a second hand

I suppose this could give me some incentive to learn how to do a one-handed bind, but I still couldn’t do a whole lot of tricks.

Workhorse is responsive, so a lot of looping will be had in July

(ThisisalltentativeandsubjecttochangedependantupontheSWFL.Thisdoesnotconstituteasalegallybindingdocumentnorcontract.)

2 Likes

WOW!

You guys really jumped the gun on this thing. LOL!

The plan is to post the event a week early for this type of community discussion. I guess those that sneak in this thread will have fair warning.

For me; One Yoyo would be Ed Haponik style. But, there is always the thought of the reconfigurable that always pos up.

Do we draw a line? Let it ride?

More often than not it is the intention of the law not the letter of the law that is important.

Remember our goal is for it to be FUN first, with a little challenge mixed in.

4 Likes

Excuse me Mr Moneybags, but some of us aren’t fortunate enough to have an El Mijo :joy:

7 Likes

What do i need to do?

3 Likes

Simply state that you want to be a Boomer.

2 Likes

Oh well if thats all, I’d like to join the club :grin:

5 Likes

Oh I don’t have one either… I was more talking about tossing a narrow C in an unresponsive and giving it a tug. :rofl:

2 Likes

It’s the hardest challenge of all. Asking for acceptance.

Welcome @Pun1sh3R will add you to the list

2 Likes

I have two plus an al tio. Yeah. I’m that guy….

3 Likes

I like to freak kids out by putting the nub to my nose and telling them I can touch my brain.

6 Likes