Yoyo Boomers Club

I am Pro 2A (Second Amendment), and yoyo I guess.

May have to have a off line chat about these? But I have built several examples over the years.

Manufacturers dont make them the way I like. I cant afford custom… So I do my own little Lay Away (Some may need to look up that term) program.

I buy a part here and there. After about a year sometimes more, I assemble the parts into what I want. Not all parts fit the first time and require a little tweaking.

6 Likes

Excited to hear more about this elusive throw (yo) team 6

2 Likes

Or will it be a Yocean 11 team?

3 Likes

Never really considered myself a “maker” but I have been trying my hand at turning, and have been enjoying restoring vintage wood fixies and experimenting modding more modern ones (thicker axles, response dimples, etc.).

7 Likes

The song they listen to on missions is “Yo Spin Me Right 'Round”
Like a record baby…“boomer” style

5 Likes

I have one more Boomer weight if anyone wants one. DM me if you’re interested.

9 Likes

5A May Test Post Draft (Week 2)

Week 2: Keep on Rockin’ with 5A May!

Hey Sweet Tea Slingers and Counterweight Crusaders! We loved the sweet sounds we heard from Week 1 of 5A May, let’s keep the rhythm going as we dive deeper into Week 2! So Gimme Three Steps to come up with some new tricks and join the YoYo Boomer Club for another jam-session packed week of counterweight excitement!

Sometimes, we just want to unwind and find our way back to that Simple Man (or woman) in all of us, so let’s journey through the heart of our wonderful Beginner’s Challenge Trick Ladder. Sharpen your skills to work your way up to the “dicey” (see what I did there) Advanced Trick-o’-the-Week. Tuesday’s Gone, but there’s no better day than today to try something new. And for those wild enough, feel free to participate in our Freebird Freeform Challenge!

All of these fun events give you a chance at Comin’ Home with some sweet prizes! You Got That Right, it’s a fresh batch of tricks that could win you some awesome swag!

We look forward to seeing all the videos, participation, and general fun to be had, and we appreciate each and every one of you. All I Can Do Is Write About It, but you’re all the real stars here!

What’s that sound? It’s dice and Swamp Music. What’s That Smell? It’s merch!

Can you hit all the right notes and become a true Whiskey Rock-A-Roller? It’s a counterweight concert you won’t want to miss! You’ll have to Call Me The Breeze because I’m flying over to start these festivities immediately!

-SweetHomeTrickabama

3 Likes

I’m compelled to make, idle hands…
Started modding around '00 and got bored when people started making throws that didn’t need to be modded. Making CWs for 15+ years.

Last 6 months been learning to make yoyos, and now string and pouches. @DocPop 's video on a matching CW for every yoyo also triggered something inside me.

Outside of yoyoing, I make instruments (woodwind, string and percussion), design weaves and knots using wool dyed with plants from my garden, sculpt, carve, draw. Spent 14 years turning an aquarium into a custom riparian biotope replicating lake Xochimilco for my axolotl.

My proudest achievement is probably a unique family of oboes I invented which I call Pipa Belare (bleating pipe). For those who love the double reed and the challenge of reed tuning, this is not a doucaine, guanzi or duduk.

Sopranino in ebony, custom reed.

18 Likes

Final Call for Yoyo Boomer Club Unresponsive Prototype Pre-Order.

Once Pre-Order Closes. I will start a Private Message Group. We will come up with a Name, Color and Engraving for this Project.

8 Likes

That’s stunning. I always wanted to learn something wood wind. I’ve settled on string instruments, but wood winds and reed instruments are something I thoroughly enjoy.

4 Likes

Ok, that’s too cool to pass up. Count me in.

I started about a month ago, and I plan to continue. Like others mentioned, don’t always have as much time for it as I’d like.

4 Likes

Is it too late to get in on this preorder…? :pray:

3 Likes

Oooo, you JUST missed it by 5 mins, 1 second, and 8989 milliseconds :grimacing:

:joy: I’m just kidding, I have no authority over the matter

6 Likes

Welcome to the Club. I will get you added to the pre-order.

2 Likes

Welcome to the Club. Not to late. I got you added to the pre-order.

3 Likes

Ok ok ok, I’m in…… I’m a Boomer! lol.

Thanks for everything you guys are doing! I will help where I can.

8 Likes

Kicking and Screaming I see. LOL. Welcome to the Club.

6 Likes

Hey id like to join id also like to get in on the proto. Let me know when the deposit needs to be paid

3 Likes

Welcome to the Club. Once the order closes. You will be added to the Prototype Chat. This is where Payment information will be given. Along with input on the Name, Color and Engraving this yoyo will get.

3 Likes

Tentative Club Meeting - Zoom - Wednesday, May 15th. Start Time between 4:00 to 4:30pm Pacific.

8 Likes