Yoyo Boomers Club

Snapped in my pocket.

1 Like

So how do I join the Boomer’s Club anyway?

3 Likes

Ask nicely.

Basically say you want to be in the club here and we will add you to the list.

3 Likes

Can I get a guage of interest here?

I just designed an MR85 bearing unresponsive yoyo.

Normally, I’d prefer to make a high performance unresponsive, but seing as the MR85 generates slow unwinds and there are no centering options available I’ve decided to go with a ‘comfort’ organic design.

It will be about 50mm in diameter and 46mm wide. It is designed for a 5mm wide MR85 bearing with a 4mm gap. It will be about 55g.

I eanted to do this as an experiment in making an MR85 unresponsive yoyo.

I will get prototypes made if you are willing to send me the cash for a prototype. This will enable me to get them made and guranatee that you get one shipped to you.

Is there anyone keen here?

PLEASE NOTE, I am yet to hear back from the manufacturer as to whether they can source 5mm wide MR85 bearings. I know they exist.

I’m also not quite 100% happy with this profile and cup, so there will be some slight changes.

11 Likes

I’d be down to join!

4 Likes

What would be looking at for cost?

3 Likes

Something like $100 shipped. Need to confirm the cost with the manufacturer (when they reply to my messages), but this would be pretty accurate

5 Likes

Honestly that’s interesting enough I would be down to try it.

3 Likes

Spotted a Workhorse at the Colosseum today.

22 Likes

I’m 100% in for a comfort/organic design and proto. Sign me up! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Maaaaan so happy you arrived, hope you enjoying Rome and having fun!

The Colosseum looks beautiful, I miss there!

6 Likes

That sounds awesome! I would most likely be down. Depending when you would need the money.

1 Like

If it wasn’t on your list, kind of a hidden gem that isn’t advertised much, check out the “Crypt of the Capuchin Friars.” It’s several underground shrines of like 3,500 bodies believed to be Capuchin friars buried and enshrined/honored as artistic scenes by their order, all made of bones.

The Largo di Torre Argentina is also where they eventually discovered a monument inferring the spot where Julius Caesar was killed. AFTER they had already turned it into a permanent cat sanctuary though, haha.

“Caesar is that you?!”

Just my wife casually stabbing me in the back… :rofl:

10 Likes

I have mixed feelings about this. It is very artistic, on that level, the work is astounding…but you know that if someone were uncovered building this in their basement today…let alone an order of people, what would the general public opinion of them be…? I’m just sayin…:rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

AirBnB and/or start to a good modern horror movie.

1 Like

Have you seen the movie “Barbarian”?

3 Likes

YES!!! I forgot about that, already kind of done, hahaha

1 Like

I haven’t been in an organic mood lately, but BUT I’m very much in a MR85 bearing mood, so definitely put me down as a HECK YEAH

3 Likes

They were reincacting the Ides of March today in that area.

E tu Brute

4 Likes

Wow! What a time to be in Rome!

3 Likes