Yoyo Boomers Club

I too like the sound of all that Cap just said. I’ve been eyeballing that Knack for quite a while. The rounded edges, and darker wood, and the weight range all sound great to me. I’m a big fan of cherry. Nothing more than simple and tasteful designs should adorn these beauties. I feel like the simple YYBC logo would be sufficient. Perhaps a Spinworthy mark on one side and YYBC on the other.

And: are you serious Glen!! You really think someone is going to put “NAY” in that vote!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

I’ll raise a hand for simple YYBC and SW markings.

3 Likes

I may have found just the thread. I’m tucking it away for when a wooden fixie happens :smiley:

4 Likes

Got bored before work and cobbled this together from some stock-vector art. It would require attribution, but could be a future shirt.

6 Likes

1000% in for this! :slight_smile:

What I would love to see is a SpinWorthy take on the TMBRxZipline Wood•Z in the mid 50’s weight range. Maybe slightly larger with a pull start dimple so us Boomers can DNA too. My initial thought was maple, but oak just looks more Boomer.

Just my 2¢. I’m sure whatever is concocted up will be a fixie beast! Super awesome of you to propose such an idea.

4 Likes

Another idea just crossed my mind so I figured I would type it down. What about a one piece Stuff Up shape made from Oak or another dark wood. It would be the most unassuming vintage looking yoyo, but perform all our kookie modern 0A tricks like a champ.

Personally my favorite thing about Stuff Up is just how simple it looks as a yoyo. If some random person that knows nothing about yoyos saw it, they would probably just assume it was a gift shop yoyo. Idk why that’s appealing to me.

2 Likes

I think your “Golden Wattle” Knack is pretty close to perfect. Maybe tweak this design and use this wood?

We Americans do not know about Aussie Wood.

The Spinworth Boomer Support Device.

I love the idea of simple SW and YYBC engravings

Call it the SW BSD

11 Likes

Ooo is Golden Waddle the wood type? I also agree, the KNack is so perfect already.

1 Like

Yes Sir.
Gold Wattle Knack could be a Club Exclusive?

4 Likes

Such a good idea. Take an already great design and have it in a club exclusive wood. That is, unless Glen looking for a break from the monotony of turning the same shape he already has been.

That is why I was suggesting tweaking this design a little. We have a Great Wood and Great Base design.

How would we like to see the Knack adjusted for this project? Just a concept idea.

1 Like

I’ll admit I have no knowledge of what woods down under. I will take whatever makes sense. Kangaroo tree or whatever.

3 Likes

As long as no Deadly Aussie Critters crawl outta it.

1 Like

Maybe slightly thinner? Similar to the PockEht.

3 Likes

I really like your idea Cody. I’d pass on getting one myself. If Glen were doing the Knack, like you mentioned, in a take apart design I’d probably snag one.

At this point in my life/playing, I want something that has longevity to it. Replaceable axles, take apart for knots, etc.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve been wanting a slightly slimmer, larger diameter Knack for a while now. :smile:

1 Like

Like if the KNack and Urchin merged into one?

3 Likes

Hell yeah! :raised_hands:t2:

2 Likes

I love that.

1 Like