YoYo Binding Knot! :(

Hello guys, im working on Bind right now, i can now do some nice bind but, why 1 time on 3 i get a knot that i cant remove by just throwing it? i have to open my yoyo each time :(?

And also, what can i do when i get a spaghetti string with an all un-responsive yoyo? the trick like ufo and such doesnt seems to work, then never get back to my hand

and how can you do a forward pass with an unresponsive yoyo? it just falls down :frowning:

Well… About the knot, it could be that you are grabbing too much string when you bind which in turn jams up the gap and creates a knot. About looping an unresponsive yoyo, your answer is in the question you asked. You cant. Its UNresponsive therefore it will not respond to you tug binding it. You can pick a decent looper off of the BST for cheap.

ok, so its all string trick, or all classic…sad, would be fun to finish a string trick with a forward pass, or an around the world…

You can still do alot of tricks like around the world and foward pass, you just have to bind.

I find with an unresponsive yoyo, or at least a not super responsive yoyo:

Forward pass doesn’t work so sweet. Me, I find that the return doesn’t work so well unless I’m using a looper or a wing-shape using thick lube and a half-spec bearing.

Around the world is OK, but won’t return to me. Either tug return or bind return(depends how the yoyo is set up). Similar, the basic break-away. It won’t return properly unless I’m using thick lube or a looping yoyo.

Pop The Clutch/Around the Corner, I need a very responsive yoyo to get it to come back over with the tug.

Regarding binding:
I am new to binding, I’m getting better at it every day. I still get some knots, but I just take apart my yoyo and the problem is easily fixed. I find I drop too much string into the gap. I just need more practice. Almost all of us need more practice for something.

Just keep practicing, you’ll improve.

what? how can you bind during a forward pass…

AND how do you deal with tension with unresponsive yoyo…theres no video about that…and he always change how responsive his yo-yo is, depending on the trick, but doesnt say anything about it, its confusing…

man, i feel like the more i practice a trick, the more im failing it…i could do some pretty fast bind, and now i can barly bind, i always miss it…im doing the same thing and it just doest want to go up…and im really tired of manually winding an unresponsive yo-yo…you cant snap at all…btw how can you bind when it turns slowly? ive seen people doing it, the yo-yo bind and come up slow…but mine never goes up, i hate not knowing what i do wrong

Just keep trying man. Yoyo is a difficult thing to master. Its gonna take serious time and practice

Tension with an unresponsive yoyo? Not a problem. I find the method shown in the training videos doesn’t work well for me. There’s at least 4 methods of dealing with string tension that I’ve seen. The easiest is to simply pinch the yoyo string a bit past halfway, pull up, then loop your string from your freehand around the hanging portion in the opposite way the string is twisting up.

Personally, I have a difficult time with this. Mostly, I get the tension out and then it seems like almost without fail, the next toss is gonna suck. However, it’s all about practice.

Bind during a forward pass with an unresponsive yoyo? Again, that’s more of a looping trick, so you’ll want a more responsive yoyo set-up for that trick. Otherwise, don’t waste your time on it. Best I can get is I pass it forward, it hits the end of the string and comings flying back at me, often right back to my hand, and it will be partially wound if I’m lucky. When I want to do that, I use my Yomega Fireball, which is going to be replaced with an Unleashed fairly soon.

Binding when slow? Yeah, that’s a problem for me too. Comes up slow or you gotta sort of “chase down” after it. You might also want to give a gentle tug to help encourage it.

All your problems are resolvable through as much practice as you can give it. I’ve been throwing for almost 3 months, I’m not that far along and I still remember all the stuff you’re talking about. Your best bet is to practice a lot. At the same time, you’re new, you do NOT know it all and you SHOULD ask questions when you have questions.

Like what SkareCrow said, it’s going to take a lot of practice. Some things will come easy, some will be more difficult. Practice is your best bet.

1 Like

google is your friend.

that’s the method I use for tension.
you can also do a kind of side winder thing. not sure how to really describe it.

As for your binding problem, practice. Keep. practicing.
Throw, bind. throw, bind. rinse, repeat.

and you can do string tricks with a classic yoyo. it’s a lot harder, but it’s possible :slight_smile:
you can even use a responsive yoyo like a journey to do 90% of string trick, but still be able to just tug it back to your hand.

1 Like

How has no one mentioned the #1 easiest way to deal with string tension?!

Sure there are cool looking ways and tricks but, by far the easiest way to deal with string tension is to simply take the loop off your finger and just let the string hang and watch it unwind. I have been throwing for almost a year and a half and I still do this all the time. It doesn’t require any practice whatsoever, so you can use this method until you learn those tricks that may require more control of a yoyo.

As far as the binding problem goes, it’s just what everyone else is saying: practice, practice, practice.

thx a lot guys, ima practice and practice…its just that it gets frustrating sometimes…when you do exactly like in the video, but it doesnt work lol xD

i guess that with a plastic yo-yo its easier to bind then with a metal one? since the metal is heavier? correct me if im wrong

The binding knot is probably caused by the loop you drop off your finger, falling around the yoyo. Just try to throw the loop straighter.

1A yoyos are almost always going to be about the same weight regardless of the material. Although, more metal yoyos are designed to be unresponsive out of the box than plastic ones.