Yoyo Battles

Kind of like Olympics for yoyo?

Anyone can battle by the way, ignore the “southern” part…

;D

Lets get this going LeftyLink!

“Yolympics”

1 Like

haaaaa 8)

So when’s the bracket going up?

I’m in I’ve
only been throwing for bout a year and a half so I’m prolly not that good :stuck_out_tongue:

Can I be in? I’m from south…(ern Minnesota)

Er… The southern half of it because I’m still north of minneapols.

Ok Finals are done, I had a good night’s sleep, and im ready to organize this. First thing’s first, due to the large range of skill levels here, do you want to do a tourney that involves everyone, or do you want me to try and pair you guys up according to how skilled I think you are?

PS. These are the people that I have who are participating-
LeftyLink
Baerinatux
Dbutteryo
pudge34
redneckyoyoer382???
Bcmaddog
Abby1371
Andy569
egroieks1
shen703
nardcopter
Mughees
kclejeune
Erik Kerber
matttt55
myself
Newbies United
coopdawg
GoCrazyForYoyo
Mazdarx7FD
Zorro

If there’s anything you would like to change, feel free to tell me

That would seem appropriate for the first few rounds.

wow I just saw this thread now

but can I join? I like making vids so I think it will be pretty fun

I 2nd that just so know depending on the day I can be amazing or terrible so I am very unpredictable.

I uh thirden that? Hahaha!

+1

Because-

For some of the not so skilled, and super skilled, we don’t want someone to be eliminated their first time because they faced some really good person…

On the other hand, if we do what tournaments usually do, which is pair the top seed with the lower seeds so there are the best possibilities of the best match ups happening in the later rounds. example;

We hold a tourney of sponsored/pro/legends and we have Jenesen and yuuki go against each other in the first round because they have similar skill levels, we then have possibly one of the best battles ever at the beginning and then at the end we have Jensen/or yuuki going against Alex Fairhurst, no offense fairhurst but they are both significantly better than you :wink: for the finals.

im not proposing we do this, I just want to show how that could turn out. I vote that we do random people from a hat. That is the most fair way overall. It would also avoid any arguments about pairing. Example; If lefty is deciding the pairing based on skill, then it is his opinion and people could get offended, like if alex fairhurst and I were paired up, he could be offended because he thinks I’m a scrub and that he is much better than I am. To avoid any arguments and to be fair I say we do random battles for the first round.

PS I keep using Alex because he is a chill dude and we’re friends. I know he won’t be angry with any of the things I said.

if possible id like to join

Same here! And ill be able to film, just no music/editing.

I was about to ask to join, and I was already on the list! Haha

Edit: I am going to NYC the day after Christmas, so I might have to just film a bunch of combos at once and then send one to you each round (if I make it past the first). How long do you think these will be.

You should probably pm them to verify. I bet you if you dont half of them aren’t going to do it.

And how about a swiss style tournament? That way everyone can compete the same amount of times… You can use challonge.com to organize it

If it’s not too late, I’d like to join in as well. Let me know.

I’ve never heard if a Swiss style tourney. What’s that?

In summary… Everyone competes the same amount of times, nobody gets eliminated. If you lose, you will compete against someone who also lost the next round. If you won you will compete with someone who won as well. If you lost twice in a row, next round you will also compete with someone who lost twice in a row and vice versa.

Everytime you win you get 1 point, if you lose you get 0 points, if its a draw its either .5 points or 0 points based on how its set up. And at the end, you will see how many points everyone has, the person with the most points wins obviously.

In this type of tournament, you don’t have to win every single time to win the tournament.

I could set it up and you can help manage everything if you want :slight_smile: