Yoyo Appraisal Thread

Someone in my house has a cricut cutter, but I use the tools (like the tweezers and hook thing) to get knots out of strings and axels.

4 Likes

That little hook is really good for knots but I don’t like getting it close to the yo-yo. It’s too sharp.

2 Likes

i have a 28s bassalope mint with box - not looking to sell - just a price estimate. the 28s on these was called ‘spring’ edition or something of the sort because of how light the ano was…… i have pics if you need’m

thank you yye

3 Likes

price check - just askin’, NFS

• palli puffin gnarwhal
  • alex brewster peak (couple dings)
  • viszilla
  • eetsit
  • ilyy x mfd lio
4 Likes

quite recent prices of Bassalope, both small bearing and Larger Bearing, were around 240/250 $, I don’t know how much the 28s color can increase the price but I remember it very different and not very sought after on these models (like on the Avalanche, that I also have) … I would stick to those figures, which I personally already consider high.
(You have a PM)

3 Likes

I have Been following peak prices for a LONG time and I think That lava peak selling for $700 was definitely on the higher side. I think Those prices were a combination of Who the seller was and that rare peak. Knowing what other peaks have sold for, I’d say the lava peaks value is about $600usd. It’s a rare peak and wasn’t sold on yo-yo sites. That peak was ALWAYS sought after.

The recent raw peak price was 100% because of the seller. That was way overpaid. There was a raw listed last year that finally sold for close to $200.

@fatguysnacks247 id say a fair price for a 3rd run Bewster is around 400-450.

With that said, what do you think these peaks are worth? I have Prices in mind, I wanna see what everyone thinks

3 Likes

Probably 25 each, shoot me your email via DM and I’ll PayPal the funds on the lot. Don’t worry, I’ll add for the fees. /s

I’ll take a stab on the Eetsit mentioned earlier, if mint, 250-275.

2 Likes

palli puffin gnarwhal $300-350
alex brewster peak (couple dings) $350-500
viszilla $450-600
eetsit $400-550
ilyy x mfd lio $300-350

These are my thoughts

6 Likes

In that case, I really should have kept my Eetsit, lol

1 Like

I’d say $600 on nugget and $450-500 on the drips and $350-425 on the sebby

4 Likes

I’ve seen ywets go for over $600 now and damaged eetsits to for over $300. OG Bapes are insane. The only time they go for cheaper these days is finding older throwers that don’t realize how insane 04-08 stuff has gotten.

Last underdog was around $500

4 Likes

Just blows me away. Had I known I’d have held on to my Eetsit, Bape, Celtic 888, Europe edition 5 star, Fade to Jade P2, Maple drip Peak and 28s Wooly Marmot and sold them off now to buy my kid his first car, lol.

6 Likes

Anyone got a mongu freehand zero? Still searching.

5 Likes

[half OT]
my advice is not to worry too much …
It is becoming an increasingly sick world (it reminds me so much of the world of Rolex collecting) … I have never had the pleasure or will to be part of certain worlds, even if I may be on the “side of the advantage”.
My yoyos stay with me and the ones that couldn’t be there stay where they are.
As always, when the money comes overwhelmingly … it starts to ruin everything … but I have a great curiosity … what these people will feel, when, after spending all that money, they come to realize that in the end, in their hand , they have nothing but an axle, a bearing and two pieces of aluminum (in some cases, even defective, see the first Anti-yo models)
[/half OT]

7 Likes

Very true words persson, I definitely won’t trip on it, I’m just glad to have tried them.

In death no yoyo is needed, for we will have the Valhalla yoyo collection awaiting us (that would be so awesome!!!)

4 Likes

However if the Egyptians are right I may want to have a few yoyos thrown in my box before they put me in the ground :thinking:

7 Likes

Love the concept, and if you decide to start a thread with that premise with a limit, I can only imagine the answers, lol

1 Like

Was wondering what a TiVayder with all its goodies would sell for. I bought mine for 200 and planned on selling it as such but maybe I made a mistake paying that much.

3 Likes

Control F search this thread, and you’ll see a couple evaluations around $300, Raws are the most desirable

2 Likes

To be fair, those were a BAC blasted YWET (1/~30) and a 4mm YWET (1/8), both very rare versions of it (especially the latter); the blasted was maybe a bit higher and the 4mm a bit lower than what I’d expect. A SLCK went for $500 over the summer but was overpaid by about $100 imo since it had a knick in the cup and not the OG side effects, though they were Anti-Yo side effects. SLCK’s prices are increased because they’re rarer, there’s only 25 of them made. A DRI went for $350 this past late spring and could maybe pull $400 at the high end; they’re rare but there’s 110 of them total that were made. 10 were originally made for Nationals one year and did not come w/ red engraved anti-yo side effects (blank silvers like the OG side effect YWET) along with a slightly different pouch. Whether someone thinks that makes it worth more or not it up to them. The other 100 came with the red side effects and the pouch pictured on the wiki page for the YWET.

A regular blue/orange w/ stock blank anti-yo side effects in mint condition with the pouch and CD could probably pull $300, but without those things the price would drop.

That’s not even getting into the 2008 YWETs with tapped axle instead of side effects. The re-finished and re-released versions that have come out recently are all worth substantially less than the side effect ones, though they’re still likely to pull around $150 or maybe more depending on the version.

2 Likes