Yoyo Appraisal Thread

lmfao $300!!!

i’m
not saying it’s not ‘worth’ that. it is the best valued ti available. and i said for
a while, when people were selling tivayders below retail, i believed it was foolish…

it’s a $300 yoyo… it will be valued appropriately at sometime… just not right now… depending on the colors
it ‘should’ be staying under $200 and above retail

5 Likes

Yeap I’m one of those fools who sold two below retail haha. Bought two and I think I sold each of em for 130$ or 120$ can’t remember. It makes me a lil sad seeing them listed for way above retail because it kinda goes against the spirit of why they were made. At the same time though I understand that’s just the way it is.

4 Likes

i think
it was the ‘impression’ that there was a glut, but folks forget history quickly… and some valuations on (vintage or otherwise) yoyos are unreasonably deflated when compared to their contemporaries.

just as ONE example in total there were over 500 variations of the aluminum ‘bape 2 model (viszilla, etc), and you can’t get any of them for less than $200.

multiple variations of peaks were made in the hundreds, another aluminum model you can’t scratch up for leas than $250. good luck finding a canvas for under $200 (not sure on quantities made though). nicer 888s going from $200-$500

sooo many other pieces, imo, are overlooked and undervalued comparatively… there are better yoyos out there than peaks and canvases…

but one of my favorite scores of the year was an oxy ti-09 … that piece is truly an ‘Artisanal’ yoyo

4 Likes

Not to derail but my issue with bapes, I’d have to buy 2 to keep my ocd in check by swaping them to match… and by no means do I think a bape is worth 500 to me lol.

To piggy back I tend to agree, I will admit a canvas was one of my grail pieces, but that was more from a colorway completetion standpoint than the thrill of the canvas itself. Hindsight I found the canvas waaaay before I have gotten even close to completing the colorway collection so clearly I overvalued the canvas in some regards.

2 Likes

it would come
to a point where you would actually have to separate ‘hype’ from the actual ‘product’, and let the consumer (of yoyos in this case) determine whether or not the yoyos they are being presented, in fact, meet up to their ‘hype’, marketing or otherwise.

creating a consumer driven validation, instead of hype, per se.

as an example. the canvas-diptych-triptych. imo, the triptych is the most appealing player out of all of them, the diptych is the hardest to get, and the canvas will command the highest price… upwards of $400

there are pieces of much more
significance, titanium pieces, amongst others, that seem to be arbitrarily determined valued less…

3 Likes

Could anyone offer price thoughts for these?:

• YYF BK2 Lite
    • Near mint
  • YYF California (OG)
    • Few marks, flat spots, ano wears.
  • YYF Plastic Grind Machine (OG?)
    • Hub cracks. Has dice stacks and weight rings.
  • YYJ XCon
    • Hub cracks, some rim cracks. Still very playable, just going the way of all YYJs…

2 Likes

This Raw just sold for $304 with shipping on the auction site. I would say this is the current market value if you treat it like you would treat real-estate comps in a local market. I see more LF post on the BST than I do FS at the moment for Ti-Vayders, making it a sellers market.

9 Likes

yowzas! the raws were/are particularly sought after… but i stand corrected

4 Likes

anyone have an idea
of the going rate on one
of these? MIB

3 Likes

it’s worth this many

7 Likes

Probably an Arm and a Leg

2 Likes

lol - seriously though

2 Likes

I personally think a mib example could sell for 400 relatively quick–especially if someone out there is still trying to get the set, but it can go up depending on how heated the bidding situation gets.

Edit: this is based off me selling an ashberry canvas with anno flaws and two flat spots in feb for 350 without a box. I’m sure a mint LitA canvas with matching box would go for more lol.

5 Likes

If you’re like me and usually out of the loop, here’s some background context on this set he’s referring to. Grim.

8 Likes

Thanks for the link! I love seeing yoyo stories like this.

2 Likes

Don’t mean to break up the Canvas love (and thank you for the link @TheHelveticaScenario! Grim just like you said but love knowing the story behind those designs now!), wondering what a “mint” (undamaged) SPYY Radian MKII (the blue ones, not the black bead blast) would run, their value seems to have a huge range. One on eBay sold for like $180 recently while another just today went for $80. I think the only difference is that the $180 one had the pouch and whatever other extras it came with.

3 Likes

spyy prices seem to be climbing a bit overall, but i wouldn’t think any more than $100… maybe add some meat for the spyy heat :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Can anyone help me with the value of an RSO Spaceship. It has two spots of micro damage on each rim and comes with all the packaging.

Thanks!

3 Likes

I feel like Spaceships have been going up in value lately so I wouldn’t take anything under $400 for it. Probably a bit more but it’s hard to say because no one really sells there’s.

4 Likes

Price check on a mib static co copper ywet?

12 Likes