Yoyo Appraisal Thread II

Recent FH1 re-releases from the last few years, and the overall yoyo BST being on the downturn after COVID upturn is kinda keeping them low imo.

3 Likes

Makes complete sense.

I know this is probably a no-no but I don’t know where to start. A good friend and neighbor passed away and he had a collection. My eyes would glaze over when he was talking about his collection but his passion was endearing. I know he overpaid for a Seattle yoyo but I remember saying he had to have it. Anyone think there’s any good ones here? Edit…rats, only one attachment allowed!

13 Likes

Oh wow… who was your friend? The community might know him.

3 Likes

I want a wall like that!

6 Likes

5 Likes

6 Likes

7 Likes

I’ve always wonder what are all those big wood ones?

Regardless it’s An awesome collection.

1 Like

A lot of 50s eara Duncans you’ll want this book

5 Likes

This is a lot of vintage there’s and we generally survive in 2000 era stuff

A post here will get you better appraisals

2 Likes

This Green Lighting could start around $250 and upward at auction.

Some serious collectibles in this lot. Like @sparhawk said, might want to join Doc Lucky’s FB group, as some of them could also be reproductions from the 1980s through the 90s.

3 Likes

I think there were reproductions made of those some time back.

Like a Franklin mint version or something.

1 Like

After watching Tonights Yoyo Talk these are German Duncan Dinosaurs 4 of the 5 in box @edhaponik

Screenshot_20230907_211923_Chrome

2 Likes

Hello and welcome to the forum! To answer your question, yes, there appear to be a few nice pieces in the collection (and some not so much). Are you wanting to know history or values or something else? My name is Rick Brough and I’m a curator at the Museum of Yo-Yo History website here:

If you would like to ask any questions, I’ll try my best to answer them for you. Regarding the “Seattle” yo-yo (better known as the Duncan Seattlite) here is an exhibit you might find interesting about the yo-yo:

If you’re looking for valuations, an excellent place to start is the yo-yo collection hero value and gallery website. You may need to create a free account to access the site and prices, but it lists prices for what people are paying today for many of the same items in the display cases:

https://yoyo.collectionhero.com/gallery.php

There are also a couple of good yo-yo collecting groups on Facebook, besides Doc’s. The group’s have a lot of well-versed collectors that have interesting information to share about many vintage yo-yos and memorabilia.

Best,
Rick Brough
Curator, Museum of Yo-Yo History

7 Likes

oh man…i’ve never even heard of those and yet i would totally want one of those over that crazy lightning he’s got

2 Likes

The Duncan’s in the tube pop up here on German BST pretty often and are quite cheap. If you want I can DM you a link when I see one again.

1 Like

Thank you all for the great info!

Price chack please!
Puffin and Manatee. Both mint, but without box

2 Likes