Your favorite yoyojams back in the day?

Dark Magic and Hitman. Also really liked the Lyn Fury and Speedmaker for plastics.

Edit: Honorable mention for the Spinmaster 2, first “expensive” yo I got as a beginner back in the day.

2 Likes

H3X, which is till today one of my favorite yo-yos!

2 Likes

I got a Sigma Blade for little to no reason in like 2005(?). I want another but have not seen a single one ever since then. Only the Zwei, and even then they are all cracked.

Played my Black Knight until it shattered though. Would love to have a fresh one of either.

3 Likes

I’m sitting on a single red Zwei, bought it new when it came out haha. I can send you some pics when I get home

1 Like

Oh I’ve seen them before. I just never had one so I have this weird hangup on the original.

1 Like

No I’ll sell it to you for next to nothing if you want it haha, I gotta see what kind of condition it’s in first.

1 Like

I can USUSALLY afford next to nothing lol.

For reference of those that have not seen a Sigma Blade, this is it.

I want one so bad.

7 Likes

Ah I should’ve realized there was a precursor to the Zwei (duh), forgot about the original entirely. Definitely hard to come by.

1 Like

The Dark Magic 1 was my first YYJ, because it was the yoyo that Andre used in all his trick videos. That was a great yoyo and was probably a lot of people’s first throw.

I loved the speedmaker too, great little plastic for not a lot of money. I think it was one of the first yoyos I modded. Plus it had a similar profile to the SPYY Flying V, which was my favorite throw at the time.

It was cool that you could adjust the gap by unscrewing them slightly but they still managed to hold together.

The Eneme was another solid one. Felt a bit hefty but could power on through string tricks and it had a great IRG.

I miss Yoyojam.

3 Likes

Oh speeder all day. It was my first unresponsive and i still throw it around. So sad i lost the caps for it if anyone wants to bless me and sell me a pair :grin: I’ll edit and toss a pic up after work of course

2 Likes

My first yoyo was an Orange Lynn Fury from YoyoJam. Loved that yoyo.

I was a big JD fan back then. So I have the Hitman and still enjoy it to this day.

I have the En3mE Prototype still, new in the box. Maybe one day I will get the courage to throw it.

2 Likes

The Mosquito was my first yo but the first one after that - the first one I actively sought out - was the Kickside. Loved that thing.

3 Likes

I fully agree @TheSliverKing :100:. I loved the Speeder way back when and still love it today regularly. Sadly I don’t have an extra pair of caps :frowning:. I think all I have is a pair of Dark Magic 2 caps.

5 Likes

@Woozie

Whoa! Was that the original side cap art for the Speeder? Never seen that before.

1 Like

@Jovann1
It’s one version of the original. I’m the first and only owner of this one and haven’t ever taken the caps off. It’s one I reach for quite often. :smile:

4 Likes

The kick side was my favorite, got a lot of use, but the Lynn fury was fun too.

4 Likes

I loved the mini motu and the x-convict. Was never a fan of the lynn fury. Both the x-convict and mini moto are in pieces now. Stil have an og dark magic that is full of cracks so it just sits on the shelf for fear that it will end up like the others. I have an Aquarius that still gets played from time to time

Def Mini-Motu, along with the SFHG and the oft-overlooked Matador! I still think the Matador is one of the best playing YYJs ever.

7 Likes

Oh man, I’ll get some pics up later, but some that jump to mind are the Dark Magic, Speed Maker, Kickside, Trinity, and Black Knight.

1 Like

I joined yoyo hobby a bit later so my top 5 YYJ are:
Phenom
Diamond Back
ReXtreme
Quest
Go Big

1 Like