Your embarrassing confession?

Double same.

2 Likes

I am a sinner my friends, have to add a new one that I noticed from when I started to live with my partner couple of months ago and only half of my purchases start to get “declared” to her, lol:

Sorry love of my life, I don’t always have the same yoyo on my hands, I just like the same colour ways, this weirdly help to hide the fact that I am buying yoyos like a madman but you will never see/notice also because I have plenty of space on the same yoyo case.

I do promise I will stop at some point, forgive me, I love you!

12 Likes

My best friends nephews asked me to DNA and I failed twice in front of them and then stopped and said it was too hard for me.

Im practicing this trick more than any other now just to have an opportunity to redeem myself.

13 Likes

So the truth is…I’m actually right handed. I’ve just been learning lefty this whole time as a challenge. If I threw right handed it would seriously be unfair to everyone else and I just don’t wanna make anyone feel bad about their skill level or anything. So you’re welcome guys just know I struggle so you can look good :+1:

Disclaimer: this post is an absolute sham. This forum user is 100% left handed and is just mid.

8 Likes

I am extremely repetitive in my yoyoing. I will often throw the same few tricks, over and over, for months and months. Just trying to absolutely dial them in. Every once in a while, I break this cycle. I got into fixie last year and threw kickflips. , kickflips to varial landing, and varials on repeat for almost a year. I’m finally starting to feel pretty dialed in so I’ve started looking a new tricks today. :blush: I should add that I feel pure joy throughout. Lol. Maybe I’m weird.
But I don’t know what it is, I seem to be a slow learner that reaches a lot of plateaus. Plus I seem to take comfort in obsessing over repetition. When I learned spirit bomb, I threw it non stop for like 2 years. It’s still one of my go-to tricks for 1A.
I’m finally starting to spot the pattern with myself, so here is my confession. I think it’s also why I got into archery years ago. Just repetitive mastery - again, again, again, again…

24 Likes

Every few months I remember a favorite trick and it feels like it was completely gone from my memory. Takes a day or two to get back to being able to do it.

10 Likes

I change my string way too often because I like The feel of new strings!! I probably throw away 90% good strings all the time

7 Likes

I choked super hard in PNWR 1A sports and only got 34 points in my run due to how bad my hands were shaking. I got 4th out of 4th place.

22 Likes

A comp under the belt though

11 Likes

Props for showing up and participating.

8 Likes

You started seriously throwing what, 3-4 months ago? Took huge stones to go out there and compete being so green, so props to you man. Nothing to be embarrassed about at all

13 Likes

About 4 months ago. I’m not letting it get me down in the slightest. Just knew i could have performed better is all.

9 Likes

https://yoyocontest.com/pnwr/2023-pnwr-results/
If it makes you feel any better it says you won on the results page.

3 Likes

Yeah I get that, but it’s also a completely different experience. I’ve never thrown in front of more than 3-5 people at once, so I can only imagine going up there for the first time in front of an entire audience. You gained a valuable experience early on in yoyo though. You now know what to expect, what a contest is like, how it feels on stage, scoring etc. That’s obviously gonna be beneficial for you later down the road and when you go to compete again. Can’t speak for anyone but I bet if you looked it up and found old results, a lot of pros did horribly in their first comp.

4 Likes

It was a great learning experience and although I bombed I had fun during. Would do it again in a heartbeat, especially since my nerves would probably be a bit calmer too

5 Likes

You got the right attitude bro and again props to you for going up there and giving it a shot 4 months into yo-yoing. I have mad respect for it

5 Likes

Oh… so i didn’t bring home any hardware but the SOFTWARE says I won lmao

5 Likes

I have basically zero knowledge about any yoyos that are not currently on the new yoyo market. I have no idea what a peak yoyo is, besides that they are expensive and are part of the summit collab series (I think at least, this is a guess). Might google it at some point but I haven’t been curious enough to do that yet. I turned off BST for my forum feed and like it better now.

Also, I want to learn horizontals more than turnover and bind because they can look really cool but I never play with them. It’s hard and I find it scary and uncomfortable; every time I start trying, I end up just working on something else.

4 Likes

Just wanted to pop in and correct this in case anyone else reading this doesn’t know/so misinformation isn’t going around - stuff spreads quick.

The Peak is the first CLYW yoyo ever made, and one of the most highly desirable yoyos in the history of yoyoing. Not to be confused with the Peak 2 (a redesigned version which came much later), or the upcoming Peak 3, or upcoming plastic Peak. It’s not apart of the Summit series at all, the first Summit came later in 2013.

There were three runs of the Peak in total, and it was produced between 2006-2010. If the history of yoyoing interests you at all, or if you just want a great, fascinating read, I encourage you to read the History Of The Peak thread. It’s a little long but definitely worth the read, and will give you a great dose of important yoyo history.

9 Likes

Nice! That makes a lot more sense why they are so sought after. I assumed it was newer and more limited or something but the history informed me a lot thanks! Love the names for the Annos on these also btw