Your embarrassing confession?

Ok, what is your embarrassing yoyo confession?

Mine… In my five years of learning to throw, I still wind the yoyo up after a dead spin. Never learnt any of the fancy ways of starting a dead yoyo.

Your turn!

20 Likes

I can hook all day… but I can’t beefhook. :man_shrugging:

16 Likes

My gf once had to apply a bag of frozen peas to my head after smacking it with a yoyo so. :man_shrugging:t2:
Shame? A little. Pain? Also a little.

Also that just happened.

17 Likes

I only know one bind and can’t snap start an unresponsive yoyo. But I can loop for days.

17 Likes

I am a genius.

5 Likes

I’m very selective with which sleeps next to me on my nightstand.

16 Likes

The real deal, IQ 150, genius?

I can’t tell the difference between kitty fat and normal…they feel the exact same to me I dunno!

7 Likes

I’ve been throwing for 14 years, and I’m not that good. …but I’m okay with that.

I put in a lot of work to try and come up with my own tricks, but I came to the conclusion that other people’s tricks are better, so I just learn other people’s tricks. …and I’m okay with that.

32 Likes

I feel you @LeftyThrower24!

I smacked myself in the nose with the yo-yo while throwing a breakaway. I said some four letter words. Then my wife came upstairs and says why is your nose bleeding.

9 Likes

It’s no so much your head that concerns me, but the fact that both of your arms were paralysed after your injury!

7 Likes

I used to put lots of lube in my bearings because I thought that would help them spin really well. My thinking: more lube = more spin.

12 Likes

I have too many yoyos.

16 Likes

Far from embarrassing :joy:

3 Likes

I don’t wash my bearings. Never have I ever washed a bearing for the whole 5 years I’ve been yoyoing. And the reason is I’m very lazy

9 Likes

I am ready for my walk of shame:

I never change the string until is exploding because it’s boring.

I do not even remember a name or how to do the “standard ladder” tricks.

When learning how to yoyoing at the very beginning, I jumped soooo many beginner tricks just because “this doesn’t look very cool”.

I open my yoyos very frequently to take out the knot and because can’t be bothered to find the tool to do it.

Pads get changed only when they fall off.

I have no clue how a yoyo work, is made, why it works and why they look/play different.

Front style? No, thank you.

When I go to film a combo I just put the yoyo in my bag without a pouch, it goes with keys and whatever.

Ding is a daily sound that doesn’t bother me at all.

2a look super cool, 2a yoyos are super ugly.

Mom and dad, I am sorry I ding ever single piece of furniture in the house when I was living there, yes it was my fault, no I will never admit that.

I fake to be sick couple of times with an ex girlfriend just to stay home alone all the weekend and play all day with a new yoyo.

36 Likes

I never learned a picture trick because they do not interest me. I only do frontstyle because it’s all that interests me. I don’t even practice trapeze. I now have begleri in my hand more than a yoyo. I’m getting over a big crush. She moved away.
Edit: still throw every day!

15 Likes

Sorry to hear about the last two in particular

3 Likes

I used to throw forward sleeper and hates throwing breakways from 2007-2015 until one of my friend in the yoyo community forced me to throw properly coz it looks awkward and now I liked it and never looked back.

4 Likes

Lmao I knew someone was gonna say something like this :joy:

3 Likes