Your daily encounters with commoners (non-yoyoers)

What are some of the best things non-yoyo people have said/done? what are some of the most heartwarming moments (related to yoyo) that have happened to you with non-yoyoers?

The most embarrassing moment I’ve ever had was when I hit this old lady by accident, and she just kept walking.

I get mad when people, back away from me when I do tricks, sure I don’t like people being close to me while I yoyo, but we are talking about people ten feet away from me backing away even further.

4 Likes

Other than the constant “walk the dog!” you mean? :wink:

3 Likes

People at my school say its wild

3 Likes

I think that every single person who yoyo’s has had that experience.

Like when people only do yoyo to learn how to walk the dog.
then they find out that its the easiest trick they can do.

****I have nothing against walk the dog, its cool and classy.

2 Likes

I went on a 14 mile hike in the tetons to lake solitude and yo-yoed at the top and a guy noticed. On the way back down we were a lot slower because everything was pain but he actually stopped for a bit to complement me on my skills it felt awesome.

8 Likes

:cold_sweat:

1 Like

A graffiti artist put me on his insta story in Chicago a couple weeks back

3 Likes

I was called a “yoyo wizard,” a month or so ago… gotta say, made me feel pretty cool :joy:

3 Likes

Just don’t take your wanker out in public. Talk about awkward.
RANDOM PERSON: Cool yoyo. What’s it called?
ME: Wanker
RANDOM PERSON: What did you just call me?!
ME: No seriously, this yoyo is a wanker. I got it from a dude in the UK.I’ll show you what he posted on reddit.
RANDOM PERSON: No No No NO, thats OK.
RANDOM PERSON backs quickly away

More seriously, I yoyo in my office whenever I have a minute. While waiting for a build to finish, on conference calls, while pondering a problem or just to get up off my butt for the sake of my own well being. I keep several yoyo’s laying around my office. I’ve had colleagues comment on how cool one looks or whatever but thats it. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I showed my friend some tricks and he said “that’s not a yoyo, it doesn’t come back to your hand” lmao

2 Likes

I get called a nerd alot witch o dont really care about any more because it happens so much

2 Likes

also a lot of my friends tell people that im a pro yoyoer when there with me and I am yoyoing

2 Likes

That’s my favorite Teton hike! We stayed at Jenny Lake campground every chance we got growing up!

3 Likes

it’s a gorgeous area and normally the temperature is pretty great. good for you m8