You stop using a yoyo after it...?

For me, I stop using a yoyo when it is unusable(duh…) because the axle stripped, yoyo deformed beyond recognition and comprehension of time and space, and sports a threat of bringing danger(maybe super jagged, unsafe to throw ever?)

As for you, comment below!

3 Likes

Yeah. The only thing that stops me from using a yoyo is if it’s physically impossible for the yoyo to spin anymore (the only condition i’ve encountered where this is true is if the yoyo is stripped and it can no loger be screwed together). If that’s not the case, the yoyo gets used.

3 Likes

I hold grudges. I stopped throwing my M.O.V.E after I did a poor bind and split my eye socket. It was obviously my fault but nevertheless I have never picked it up again. Lol

3 Likes

The only exception for me is pulse vibe you can feel on the string. It’s really rare though, the yo-yo has to be supremely weight unbalanced for that to happen.

I also don’t like damage that can cut or scrape your hand, but you can file that down as needed.

2 Likes
  1. After it shows signs to be anything less than mint.
  2. If it’s starting to get to many finger prints and/or starts to become a pain to keep clean
  3. If the value goes up significantly
  4. If it’s discontinued

I’m a collector not a player. Most of my stuff stays MIP. I only through my Killer Bee and Gold Load for the first time a few weeks ago after having them for almost 20 years.

4 Likes

I stop using a yoyo when it becomes a screaming banshee. I will not likely use that one again until I can find a bearing that is quieter. That involves trying to clean the bearing first, but if it’s still not quiet, I won’t play it until I can find a quiet one to put in it.

2 Likes

That involves trying to clean lube the bearing first

1 Like

The only reason I have ever stopped using a yoyo is because I sold/traded it or have it away.

3 Likes
  1. Vigorous high speed gyroscopic flop

if it is still loud:

1. Clean
  2. Lightly lube

If it randomly gets loud after being nice and quiet, I assume it’s got some debris in it. Sometimes a good gyroscopic flop will fix it, sometimes it won’t.

1 Like

Seconded n the pulse vibe thing. This has only happened to me with one yoyo which was Smashing Interlagos. Granted I bought it second hand and it was fine when I got it but within a year it developed a strong pulse vibe that couldn’t be tuned out. Other vibe doesn’t bother me but this does and made the yoyo so much less enjoyable to play with which was gutting because I really liked that thing. I’ve since sold it and got about a fiver for it. Ho hum!