You know the guy who only buys green yo-yos? I won’t get any black throws because my Anglam CC is black and she is jealous. What’s your weird yo-yo quirk?

I also have never gotten a gold yo-yo because I’m saving that color for something special. Yes, really.

10 Likes

That title tho

11 Likes

@twitch77 :joy::joy:

7 Likes

I’ve had enough of highwalled, organic shapes from my last time being in the yo-yo game. Never getting another one unless it’s one designed for responsive play.

3 Likes

I only keep as many yoyos as fits in my old Duncan case. I think it’s 14.

I also like to throw over cement.

8 Likes

Same - this is why raw is king

Less is more for me…having 8 or less jojos in my rotation is ideal.

5 Likes

I don’t have a preference but I also don’t see the point of having a yo-yo you love to throw and only throwing it at home over carpet. I love going for yo-yo walks.

4 Likes

I sold every bimetal I ever owned. Prolly been through 15-20 of em and yet they all get cut at some point.

3 Likes

I had a bunch of my best Yoyos stolen years back. I won’t buy them again, I’ll trade for them though.

• I always wash my hands before throwing

• I never throw over concrete

• I unwind the yo by hand and re-roll before throwing

• No one is allowed to throw my stuff

• If someone needs to touch one of my throws they must first wash their hands

• I keep record of all my acquisitions

• I never trade or sell gifts or throws that have even the slightest sentimental value

• I don’t keep anything that gets damaged

Yes, I have been diagnosed with multiple disorders. My yo-yo collection doesn’t judge (probably because I treat them so well)

13 Likes

I will never buy a hard V shaped yoyo. Never ever.

9 Likes

So would a v shape that levels out at the rims count as a hard v shape in your book? Or more like a YYJ Phenom?

1 Like

Sometimes i go extended periods of time playing with only one yoyo. idk why, i just watch the entirety of my collection but i always gravitate towards a specific yoyo that varies depending on how feeling that week/month(?).

Also, the throws that see them most play from me are the cheapest or less special. Right now, I’m cycling between the yoyoempire touchmore, the yoyofficer vector, yyf protostar and yoyofficer kilter 3. Those 3 get almost 90% of my play. I once went like 2 months playing only with a onestar.

I very much agree with this. It’s impossible to have effective practice sessions with sweaty greasy hands.

8 Likes

I definitely get that but then again I do the majority of throwing at home over wood or carpet.

I DO think that your “beater” shouldn’t be trash, it should be a really good yo-yo just not necessarily a $240 YoYo

1 Like

This also makes your string and bearing stay clean longer, almost all the crap that gets in a bearing is from the string and therefore your hands.

3 Likes

Is it because they are uncomfortable? Because they are IMO and I also think it’s a boring design

4 Likes

I play compulsively? I haven’t missed a day since 5/22/05.

11 Likes

No way…

But why though?!? We seem to share similar tastes in YoYos. I love the hawk, top deck, MMC, and many of the other organics you seem to gravitate towards. That said, some hard V’s such as the 2016 V and 2 sick Bishop have a very similar magic to a well done organic. Get yourself a cheap 16’ V on the bst, throw some ultralights in it, and tell me I’m lyin’.

3 Likes

I can’t yoyo well if I’m feeling hot.
Also I can’t yoyo when I’m asleep. Don’t know what’s up with that.

6 Likes

That’s part of it, I don’t find them very comfortable in the hand. And I just don’t like them.

No, but I’m not particularly drawn to organic Vs either.

I just don’t like them. I’ve tried 4 or 5 different Vs and I just don’t like them.

4 Likes