Yomega

I love how Yomega does one thing wrong and get hated fore ver for it. That my friends is stupid.
Yomega is an awesome company that has done more for this sport than almost all other companies put together. Don’t get me wrong, Duncan is very close but as far as putting yoyo’s in t hands and keeping them affordable, that would be Yomega. I like most yomegas. I have quite a few myself. I’ve had a ton of them. I still buy them. Yomega didn’t do anything to any of you. The only thing they did is hurt themselves. They are now under new management. That thing is done and over with.

Buy Yomega if you think they appeal to you. Don’t if you don’t want to. They are putting some good stuff out there right now. If you haven’t tried the Kerrari then you need to. Like the Ooch, it’s a beast!

6 Likes

Well I guess I’m OK with my thin lubed Maverick and my friends unresponsive Dash. But that’s about it. I still really don’t like them.

Yomega is actually one of my favorite yo-yo company’s because I actually would probably not be yo-yoing if I did not see the old Yomega Yozone movie from my Library, and plus I still enjoy yo-yoing with my Yomega Brain and Fireball for the fun of it.

There’s nothing interesting in their line up.
Their 1a yoyos are too revolutionary from what i’ve read.

Ooch is funny though.

I throw a Maverick occasionally- in fact thats what I’m throwing in the avatar pic I use. Don’t get me wrong, I love my Dark Magic and my Zombie- and my double bearing’ed (whats the term for that again?) Freehand 2 plays great now. But I have a special place in my heart for my first metal. The Maverick.

So what they made a major faux pas? I’m sure none of us can look back in our past and not see a few mess ups that we wish hadn’t happened. Do people still hate you for your past mistakes? Or do you learn and grow from them and people forgive you and accept you for what you’ve become? Lets accept Yomega for what they have learned and grown into. Yo-yos are not about hate anyhoo! Yo-yos are about being awesome. I’m awesome… aren’t you?

Life lessons and yo-yos go hand in hand my friends. Throw no stones… only throw yo-yos! ;D

2 Likes

One of the best life lessons I have ever read ;D

Just because Yomega doesn’t make the best yoyos doesn’t mean you have to put their company down.

i like my yomega yoyos, except for the lancer, that thing stunk. one company i cant stand is duncan, i never liked them

Everyone still beating this dead cat?

Yep.

I like yomega, i don’t think there the greatest company ever, but there nice. Plus they have some of the greates $30 yoyo’s on the market, the dash and the maverick.

siggy

Okay before i start my post can someone tell me what they did (im pretty sure they said they werent going to sponser worlds one year and set up a stand right next to it and got hated) right?

Okay i started with a fireball and a duncan mosquito and i loved them and still throw them once in a yellow moon but they were both great yoyos to start with and yomega has some great yoyos such as the ouch and maverick and i personally love the lancer. Alot of people think that yomegas make crappy yoyos becuase the people saying this are used to the more advanced yoyos such as the G5,genisis,luantic,and many more the have incerdible spin times and yes all those yoyos a great but yomega did there part in us being able to have all these great yoyos we have today.now im not saying that if it werent for yomega we wouldnt have any good yoyo but they deffenatly have done their part and you guys shouldnt bag on yomega and like icthus said they are under new managment ( atleast im pretty sure icthus said it) and they still produce great yoyos. So please dont bagg on yomega becuase they helped us get to were we are in yoyoing today and they are a great company in most opinions.

keep throwing,
L

http://3alleypub.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/beating_a_dead_horse.jpg

That’s actually a horse. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah,The short short version. At the 2007 Worlds Yomega refused to sponsor it. Instead they set up a hospitality room at the hotel and advertised that they we’re selling their yoyo’s there. Then everybody in both parties threw a temper tantrum, and lo, there was a great writing of notes and pouting of lips.
Follow the links for the long loooong version.

http://www.yoyoing.com/news/viewpost.php?post=277767

I know I’m late to the party, and I got nothing to say about what yomega did at worlds or how their yoyos compare to other companies. Just wanted to mention Justin Weber. I see a lot of newer players today with their line up of expensive metals and can’t even touch what justin did technically and stylistically, in worlds and nationals no less, with a hyper warp heavy wing. It’s just something I always think off when new players say a yoyo isn’t up to par or to their standards. I know it’s different when you’re spending lots of money, and you feel you should get what you paid for. But then again, that’s also my point, you don’t have to pay a lot of money to be good. Feel good, maybe. Spending time to become a better player, up to you. Just my 2 cents…

Yomega is ultra successful because, along with Duncan, they own the retail market. Go to any Toys R Us, target, walmart, etc… You will likely find Yomega or Duncans on the shelf. That’s why most of the kids out there are able to get their hands on them more readily very very few stores actually have YYF or YYJ or any other brands out there in stock ever. That’s why they are the “gateway” to yoyo play. Does it make them less than the competition? Not really, but it does come with a stigma that they are cheap and everyone uses them so you want to get something that’s a little harder to get. That’s how I felt anyway.

I just started playing again 3 weeks ago and didn’t want to go back to my childhood yomega yos so I did some research and BAM found other yos to play with.