Yomega Firestorm un-responsive? Wha-wha-what????

Yeah, I was out shopping… Need some clothes, hittin’ up the post-xmas sales and I found an Ohio state Yomega Firestorm… One: I couldn’t let this go, I love yoyos, and I love The Ohio State Buckeyes…and Two: I can use it for an entry to the Yomega Funfest Well this yoyo is amazing, but theres a problem, half the throws… its un-responsive! I guess it might have to do with the direction the yoyo is spinning because every other throw is unresponsive and I have to bind. This is a very tight gaped, trans-axle, plastic, starburst response, string double wrapped yoyo…

How can I make it fully responsive?

Actually… I have an OLD Firestorm and it is pretty unresponsive. I dont exactly know why, but if I do an elevator I cant finish it because of the starburst causes a binding action, half the time it snags. Only thing I have tried when it comes to responsive play is actually a stupid idea. I snapped a string right where it wraps on the transaxle, so since I didnt have anymore I tied it back together and re-looped the transaxle, due to the tiny knot it is now pretty responsive.

Hope I helped a little I know it isnt the best reply but at least I have one. :smiley:

1 Like

I have an RB2 and a Firestorm and both a unresponsive. I’m prob going to sand down the starburst on the firestorm and recess it for o-rings. The RB2 I’m grinding out were the spacer sits and making the gap smaller do to the starburst being larger than the firestorm. If it works I’ll post it.

How could you get the caps off my Yomega Brain without breaking them? I have a Yomega Brain, and one time it flew off the string, then a few days later, it cracked on the plastic around the nut, so I was going to try to modify the Yomega Brain.

Ummm, I’m not too sure about the brain, I was ever a fan so I’m not sure how its put together. I would like to think you can take it apart to replace the parts in it but you never know. I can only assume you can do the duncn cap trick but don’t quote me on that. Just take a look @ how its put together and go from there. I hope that helps ;D

1 Like

I think it is put together like the Yomega Fireball, because I have a Yomega Fireball, and the caps look like they are put on the same way, but I don’t know how to safely remove the caps. Any help would be appreciated.

I’m not sure how you were going to mod it but the brain, fireball, ect yoyo caps don’t come off. I’m guessing that your caps are not clear but mine that does have clear caps shows that there is a whole brain system inside. good luck anyway,
czyoyo :wink:

1 Like