Yoing = calories burnt?

Any super rough estimates of how many calories 15 minutes of yoing burns?

I know it’s impossible to get an exact number because there’s a billion factors going on.

==edit==
I didn’t realize this was such a stupid question.
Thanks guys. >.<’

2 Likes

maybe the same as 15 minutes of light cardio

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s what I’ve been recording it as with my watch so far…not knowing any better.

1 Like

About the same number of calories you would burn sitting in a beanbag chair while watching reruns of the Three Stooges.

I would put yoyoing and bird watching in a similar level of c-burning….

Sorry

19 Likes

Hahah. I‘d say 15 mins of yoing equals 15 mins of ‚pure existence‘ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I say: nac nac nac. Thump!

1 Like

it will vary drastically like you said, and especially between people. but if you compare casual yoyoing to a ligh cardio sesh, and one of @nightshadow ’s routines as ‘gunnin’ your lats bro’ you can probably start to get a feel

4 Likes

It’s probably because I’m quite fat and super out of shape…but yoing does actually put me through a tiny bit of a workout after some time. It gets my heart beating 140+ bpm…though my heart does beat fast naturally (have a resting of around 100 bpm).
It’s probably just because I’m so fat tbh :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

I would suggest its closer to 15 minutes of standing, as opposed to 15 minutes of light cardio.

5 Likes

The only time I feel like yoyoing gets my heart rate up a bit is if I’m wearing my headphones and doing it to music. I think it might be attributed more to my over-the-ear headphones making me sweaty. Even then, I wouldn’t call it a workout by any stretch of the imagination.

1 Like

Ewww.

For me personally I better record it as a heavy workout then.

4 Likes

Same ‚light cardio‘ as repetitively putting Peanut M&Ms in your trap :rofl:

5 Likes

Now there’s a workout I can commit to!

2 Likes

now add 64g

3 Likes

Peanut M&Ms of course just for the trained heavy hitters. Novices should start with plain chocolate ones… :ok_hand:

2 Likes

I disagree with people who say it doesn’t burn any calories. At least when I practice I get hot and sweaty. And heat is energy which means that calories are burned.

2 Likes

Anyone already sponsored by Garmin or Polar yet? Maybe Yoing Gloves aren’t the end of the road at all!?

Yeah, if you aren’t sweating and feeling a burning sensation in your muscles for a sustained period of time (longer than a few minutes) then you aren’t burning many calories. To burn meaningful amounts of calories from physical activity you have to either be an athlete, a dancer, an active-duty soldier, or a day laborer. The rest of us have to lose weight by creating a calorie deficit based on what we eat every day.

5 Likes

I totally agree. I know for a fact it’s burning more calories then me just standing still or sitting on my couch. >.<’

2 Likes

Have you tried brownie filled m+m’s??

1 Like