Yo-Yo-ing in public?

I always throw while in line for coffee at McDonald’s. Get reactions from people of all ages. One of my favourite was after a fairly simply combo of some sort (can’t recall… boing-e-boing to mach 5 or something) a teenager from a group goes, “Whoah! That was FRESH!”

I told that story in another “public reactions” thread once, and I’ll say it again… the funniest part is that I didn’t know that “Fresh” was a word that had made it back into popular culture. That word is from another era. :wink:

I would yo in public more i just havent felt confident enough at my level of throwing i guess. I need to definitely get over myself though ha :stuck_out_tongue:

To build confidence take out a looper and do some “dog walking” and up/down. The reactions of people will build it up quickly.

Wait…so you’re telling me he just tells you to throw then goes away saying that’s amazing immediately after…did you throw? haha.

Currently yoyoless (gonna fix this ASAP) but back when i had throws and was constantly throwing i would throw in public almost whenever i was out and people seemed to be cool about it and thought it was pretty rad occasionally you get that guy who’s like “you have to much time on your hands” or “thats lame” but those are ussually the kids that sit alone at lunch and are trying to improve their image by being to cool for everything

I meant to say that AFTER throwing they said it was amazing. Simple tricks can inpress a lot of people haha.

I do it. No interesting story and its not to spread awareness. Its to keep me awake while I wait 30-60 minutes for my public transportation bus to arrive so that I can go to work.

I ALWAYS get this reation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ihzp55Cuo7M
Today in fact, a group of Mexicans from school huddled around me and started yelling like Mordecai and Rigby every time I did a cool move. Too bad nobody else yo-yos at my school.

I have tried getting people into it, but they get scared away by the price of yo-yo’s and the belief that you have to “no-life” yo-yoing to get good.

I have ayoyo in my pocket. I just have to make sure is not the one with my phone in

I’m still learning, only got a few basics down so I tend to shy away from public throws. Always got one on me though. As a guy in his 30’s, I tend to get odd looks if I throw in public…esp from the wife. Fortunately for me, she is a sport.

I’m 33 my wife has learned to deal with it :smiley: . another thing to keep in mind your standard non yoyo person is impressed if you can throw a trapeze.

1 Like

This.

Any non-yoyoer will be impressed with anything beyond a Walk the Dog.

I always have a yoyo with me. I work at a school, and throw all day. The little kids all call me YoyoGuy. I don’t really work on anything I’m trying to learn; just casual throwing. I’ve become a regular site at my neighborhood Starbucks and the one by my school, where I’ll throw for an hour or so. I throw whole walking down the street, anywhere I’m standing in line…anywhere I have room to throw.

What’s funny is that I’m fine with people watching me as they pass, or of they’re sitting nearby; but if someone approaches and asks to see something more than an old standard trick, all of a sudden I can’t hit the string!

I am not the greatest but I do throw in public for fun, not for attention. I throw in stores, in classrooms, and around college campuses.

I know that feel bro.

Threw some in a movie theatre since I am feeling more confident (having practiced a lot lately and been to two meet ups really helped). Some teenagers were saying “whoah, that’s a YoYo!” it was pretty funny

hahahahahahaaaa XD

I used to go downtown and throw with my headphones in, people would come up and ask me stuff. I couldn’t hear them half of the time, i throw for a self meditation type thing. When i was in highschool id pull it out in class when i got bored hahaaa.

I get all kind of reactions. The most memorable was this:

Lucky devil - maybe I should try this at the fitness center (instead of training ;D)