Yo yo I obtained, have questions!

Hey guys,
I obtained a yo yo from an old friend of mine awhile back, guessing 2009/2010, and I’m curious what something like this is worth or info about the yo yo. I have no use for it as I never really spent much,if any, time using it.
The yo yo is an s.kon vektor i believe it must be an alright yo yo considering who I got it from, unfortunately I have not talked with this old friend of mine in some time therefore asking you guys. Any help with this would be much appreciated thanks.

This was hand-made by Shinobu Kon, a Japanese yoyo designer who specializes in modifying existing yoyos as well as hand-fabricating beautiful, one-of-a-kind designs. This is either a one-off creation, or part of a small production run of probably less than a dozen pieces.

Hard to say what the value is, since his stuff is almost never available on the secondary market…once people buy his yoyos, they keep them.

Wow I didn’t expect that! So where would you suggest going for a price point? Or who to talk to? I feel bad for wanting to sell but I have no use for it and as I was saying the person I got it from I haven’t talked to in a long time and am not sure if he still does the yo yo thing anymore. Thanks for the reply!

Maybe it’s time to rekindle an old friendship.

Lol that might have to happen.

There have been a couple of these sold, he did a very tiny run of them (like 5).

Expect $500 or so, that’s one heck of a friend.

Kyle

Didn’t expect that! Thanks for the response kyo!

I know he sold 3 silver rims/red carbon fiber. I’ve never actually seen this color before and it looks awesome.

Yea it’s a wicked yo yo i had got it from a guy I used to work with a long time ago named Jensen kimmitt but not sure if hes still doing the yo yo thing anymore

Wow.

Wow? Is he still doing it? ^^

yes, yes he is! Not so much competition but he is one of the greats in the Yoyo world!

Jensen Kimmitt… you should just Google his name lol
He is really friendly, I chat with him (over facebook) out of nowhere a couple of times, he don’t even know me.

Oh I know he’s pretty big in the yo yo world, I used to keep in touch with him a bit. I just wasnt sure who all knows who and if he still did it anymore. As for the yoyo I got from him I had no idea what it was but you guys helped me out with that part.

I’m curious why he gave me this good of a yoyo. And I can’t even “get it up”, the yo yo I’m talking.

Well, if I personally give you a special yoyo like that, it would’ve been because I like you so much, or want you to feel that you’re special for me, that’s just me but I think it was probably what he meant too.
He and Charles just made a few yoyo designs (three models to be exact) and been selling them since like the last few weeks, probably sold out by now. So yeah he is still in it.

Well I’m glad he’s still doing it, hes a really good guy for sure

Keep that masterpiece man. Its sentimental value and history is worth more than stupid money that gets wasted away into oblivion. This is a real life treasure. And given from Jensen himself?!

Amazeballs.

Ooh man now you guys are making me feel bad. I just don’t have any use for it, I thought I would try it and it ended up sitting there for almost 6 years, besides a few attempts lol. I feel like it should go to someone who would actually use it/ appreciate it.

Maybe play it forward and give it to someone else?