Yeti Prices...

They’re outrageous… on the secondary market of course. The fact that there are two buy it now for $100 on eBay, and one with 4 bids up to $122 is absurd.

Are these prices sustainable? Once the new ones come out, will there still be a want for the original? This is the first plastic. CLYW’s first metal is worth more than its second and third run counterparts, much more. However, other models like the the avalanche and sasquatch have the same price despite the run.

What do y’all think of these prices?

I believe $45 is exactly what it’s worth performance wise. And that’s not an insult. I love my Yeti. The $100 and up prices I see are ridiculously high. 400 new Yeti’s have come into the market in the last 5 months. That probably puts a good dent in its collectable worth. I think these prices will drop.

The OD Rally, onedrop’s first plastic, is discontinued too. I doubt people will be asking Project prices for them. (Are they?)

3 Likes

What astounds me is the fact that so little is actually gained by the scalpers,and how often thos happens. There are a lot of better ways to make some 55 bucks…

I don’t really have any issue with the prices on the second hand market. It seems like people took time out to wait for the Yeti drops, and bought a few, possibly with the intentions of selling them for profit on Ebay. ::slight_smile: If there are people out there, who didn’t want to compete the masses during the drops, and they would rather pay two or three times retail price, to get the yo-yo later on Ebay, that’s their business. I’m not really outraged, because the market is dictating the price. The fact that the Yeti is still selling out in minutes each time it drops, means it’s still very much in demand. But, not as “in demand” as it used to be. I think we all had fair opportunities to get a Yeti by now, so there is no reason for me to be upset about the prices on the second hand market. I don’t plan to be in that market for a Yeti now, so I waited for the drop.

I bought my first Yeti, a bit overpriced, on the second hand market. I got my second Yeti as a gift. I bought two more at retail price. I agree with Amplified, and thought $45 was a fair price retail for the Yeti.

1 Like

Happy to say I’ve never paid over $50 for a Yeti. Bought 2 more on this last drop. Love it, yet I feel it’s only a matter of time before something breaks on my main one. Could probably fix it, but just in case since it’s the last release, wanted to get a couple more as backups.

I know some people don’t like them, but I think they’re great, a lot of fun.

I hope my post didn’t come off as upset haha, I personally don’t care what others spend, I’m just naturally curious…

No, it didn’t. I’m just not too surprised I guess. :wink:

I’ve still got my spring green Rally, but if someone wants to offer me $150 for it…

I doubt anyone would turn down the offer, but is that your asking price?

Please do not buy one for $100 or more. They are ripping you off.

This excerpt from the $122 Yeti listing is both funny and kinda sad.

[b]"Brand spanking new!!! CLYW BLUE YETI!!
As of we know, this will be the last of the Yeti production in this form. So it is your last chance to pickup this beautiful piece. This is the last mint condition one available!

You will get all the ladies when they see you throwing this beautiful blue yoyo. In mid throw it takes a caress from your strings and portrays you in final form. They will see a strong warrior equipped with the power of the Yeti in the palms of his hands. 10/10 superb quality that can only be found from CLYW. All the men will envy/want you and all of the women will want to be you. This yoyo is for the valiant few who wish to show their power out upon this world and save it from the dark pitted depths of a yoyoless h@##.
Do you have what it takes to accept such a challenge? You have one last chance to do so. BUY IT NOW!!"[/b]

I’m not sure what the seller is attempting to accomplish with much of this.

You are assuming these are legitimate transactions. There are LOTS of ways to hype a yo-yo. :wink:

Great marketing. Most descriptive pitch I’ve seen recently.

Truth be told I’d feel bad selling it to anyone. It has the cracks around the ring that were associated with the first run. It still plays fine but the cracks can’t be helping its lifespan. I don’t think I’d sell it unless it was to a collector who just wanted to have in in the case.

1 Like

I don’t think I’ve ever cringed so hard in my life.

i thought it was a good pitch. So good that I bought it. ::slight_smile:

I agree with TA. The prices don’t bother me since it doesn’t affect me. It’s their business if they want to sell or buy at those prices. There have been a good amount of them out there now and the last drop lasted slightly longer than the usual drops for anyone to snatch one up. But as stated in the past, it’s a shame that a lot of these were taken away from the ones that actually wanted to play them.

Woah now, let’s not be too hasty. Surely Onedrop wouldn’t discontinue it without a proper funeral? I’ve already prepared a moving eulogy in case of such an event, but I really hoped I wouldn’t have to bury the Rally so young. :cry:

I found that Yeti discription pretty entertaining actually. I would have bought it muself, but I don’t really want to be constantly getting hounded by women and hated by the lads. I just want a normal life dangit! :-\

There is no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, I was informed that mango would be the last Rally color. :frowning:

The prices on the second market will be what the market will bear. I missed getting one in last week’s drop, but, that is OK. I definitely won’t be paying $122. I’m sure the Yeti is great, but for $122, there are a lot of other choices. However, someone who needs that particular colorway might be willing to pat almost anything to complete their collection.

I believe this is showing supply and demand in action