Yep, being a forum eXpert REALLY has changed me.

trying to say that I am not a good forum person
lol

If this kind of thing keeps on happening, perhaps Andre should drop the forum eXpert tags.
It is pretty clear that the expectations on the “eXperts” is a little to high.
We all need to keep in mind that an “eXpert” tag is a reward for helping the forum by guiding posts, providing answers, and

[quote=Andre]who take the time to write legible posts, and take the time to research information and properly present it in their forum posts.
[/quote]
These are not store, or forum moderator reps, and I think that this is getting cloudy.

Alright, this wasn’t supposed to go this far.

First, to Kim-Lan, I’m sorry I made a comment about you correcting gm user. All I was trying to say was that the way you worded it was harsh for something so simple. It has nothing to do with the fact you’re a forum eXpert. I’m sure that you meant no harm.

And Samad: Listen man – I know you’re very very young, but this post was unnecessary. I get that you feel attacked, and the conduct of some members in that thread was shameful. Not all of us dislike you because your an eXpert.

Some of your posts (mostly your corrections) come accross as arrogant and that can put a bad taste in people’s mouth. I have to tell you that this post really didn’t help with that image. I’m glad you prefaced this entire thing with the heading “Immature”, at least you knew.

Please understand that I am not flaming you, I’m just trying to help. Personally I think that your contributions are invaluble to this forum. As a mentor to all of us here, I reccomend letting this kind of thing go. As I always say “If the haters aren’t hating, you’re doing something wrong.”

3 Likes

You know, sometimes posts like that can be good, and can be bad. (Been there before) Samad made a point, and a good one, but to me, to make that perfect, just take out the first sentence. Immature paragraph. Without that, or with it, it is still a good point. :slight_smile:

I think good points have been made and people understand each other.

The eXpert recognition is nothing more then that - recognition for doing a good thing for this forum. Let’s try our best to keep this place a happy and inviting place for new players.

Thanks.

1 Like