xbox one or ps4 ?

Wait,you will need to pay for playstaion network on PS4!?!?

If you want to play online, yes! PSPlus

This is all I can think of when I hear hardcore PC superiority complex gamers bashing console gamers.

Most likely Iā€™ll be getting an XB1. Although the only real game that has caught my eye is Elder Scrolls online. Destiny is going to be playable on the 360, but Halo 5 most likely will be XB1 exclusive.

Either way, not getting a PS4.

PC elitists area annoying too, but console elitists are annoying AND misinformed.

Thank you.
Ditto.

Ps plus is not a fee based Internet pay as you go, that is a discount on games and a ton of available free games and not a Internet usage fee like Xbox :facepalm:

Can anyone show me where playstation charges for actual Internet usage like the Xbox? It just isnā€™t there sorryā€¦

Here is what he membership includes
http://m.us.playstation.com/psn/playstation-plus/

Again not a pay as you go interns usage fee and that will not change as we enter ps4 territory.

The above is actually incorrect info, or at least outdated. For PS3,it is accurate, but not for PS4. FacepalmĀ  :wink:

Yes, it was announced on the PS4 reveal livestream at E3: You will HAVE to pay for PSplus if you want to play online games. Not like it is now, where it is optional to pay for PSplus if you want to play online. Same system as Xbox Live, and the pricing model will be very similar.

Go back and watch the stream if you donā€™t believe me.Ā  :wink:

Read here:

http://m.gamespot.com/news/sony-explains-why-ps-plus-is-required-for-ps4-online-play-6410806

Still much different then the Xbox model where there are no exceptions and you pay for Internet access period. Ps4 will still retain free use of Internet and some MMO will remain free while some online play games will require you to have the plus membership, but for people like me that basically only use the online feature for Netflix, amazon prime free movies I remain inaffected and will not pay unlike the Xbox that requires pay for use of even Netflix and the likesā€¦

Me three. Fun console, more family based.

Funny story, my dad got a big promotion recently. He pre ordered both.

I can get back to you which one I like better in 2014 :smiley:

Iā€™ve always been an Xbox Gold member, so correct me if Iā€™m wrong, but I believe you can still watch Netflix and use the Internet without a paid membership. I do agree with you though, for this generation at least, PSplus was obviously a better value (I do like Xbox Liveā€™s layout better). For the next generation, which console will have a superior value online network remains to be seen, but they do look quite even.

No you cannot do anything without the membership no Netflix no Hulu no nothing on Xbox, ps plus give you a ton of freebies :slight_smile:

Xbox lacks a ton in comparison with the ps4 and I donā€™t like that the kinect is watching you full time, if you can see in who is seeing out???

And it seems ou must have a gold meme weevil on Xbox to watch Netflix not anything lower

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_feedback/f/2602/t/379483.aspx