WYYC 2024 Location Predictions?

Something to keep in mind is that the venue needs for Nats are sooooo much smaller than what is needed for Worlds. So while those contests worked well at that scale, none of those venues are viable for Worlds and a venue that is would cost approx. 3x - 5x more in those markets. Plus you’re likely not going to find a hotel venue that will work, so every day the full contest has to commute to the venue, which is fine in Europe when we’re all walking 6 blocks but not so much in America where almost no major cities are designed for safe pedestrian traffic.

8 Likes

Cleavland OH

1 Like

yooo whats up @yoyothomas its me cade from uyyc

1 Like

Cleveland! Final answer.

Steve - If you’re beginning to get burnt out on event administration (very understandable) make 2024 Cleveland your Swansong.

…Get inspired how awesome it went then follow up in two years with the Cleveland Farewell Tour, repeat, repeat, repeat… When you finally are ready to retire insist WYYC being hosted at your favorite US city (That is Cleveland, correct?)

1 Like

That’s a lovely idea, but until I’ve gotten the infrastructure sound and solid enough that it can be successfully handed off to the next person I’m not gonna feel comfortable just walking away.

I’m already working on venues for 2027, lol

7 Likes

At the risk of a Don Henley content block, I feel the need to mention…" You can check out any time you like but you can never leave" :laughing:

Yo it’s me Ezra from nationals! I can’t figure out how to dm u😭 this is the only way I found out how to text you.

YOO it’s Ezra from nationals! I’m not sure how to dm on here. This was the closest thing I could find.

hopefully in the south east lol

1 Like

yeah

Well now we know:
Worlds 2024 is in Cleveland, Ohio July 31 - August 3

Edit: Logo idea if they don’t already have one

14 Likes

17 Likes

VERY exciting news! Thank you Steve!!!

How did you know it was going to be in North America?

Choosing Anchorage, Alaska as the host for the 2024 World Yo-Yo Contest would be amazing.The thing is, we don’t really have a yo-yo community here. It’s like I’m one of the only ones who loves yo-yos. So, having this contest here would be a game-changer. It’s not just about the spinning tricks and cool moves, though those are awesome too. It’s about starting something new, something that could grow into a community of yo-yo enthusiasts right here in Anchorage. Just imagine, people from all over the world coming to our city, bringing their skills and their passion and people from town going to the downtown theater to watch modern yo-yoing at its finest. And guess what? They’d see our city, our home. They’d see the snow-capped mountains, the stunning northern lights – things that we get to see every day. It’s like showing off our secret paradise to the world. Having the 2024 World Yo-Yo Contest here would be like giving our small yo-yo family a chance to become bigger and more connected. So, yeah, it means a whole lot to me, to us. It’s like a chance to put Anchorage on the map in a way that’s totally unique.

3 Likes

Cleveland can be Exotic!!! We just have to use our imaginations

1 Like

For me (an Italian living in London) it really is lmao, will be my first time in USA, will go to Cleveland for 5 days also to visit the city after the Worlds and then in Houston for a week to meet my girlfriend’s dad.
Can’t wait to see the USA and see how it is over there!

6 Likes

Honestly it would be cool if it were in a more “exotic” location even in the US.

But per @unklesteve comments. I’d rather it just be somewhere easier for them to organize and cheaper so they can turn a profit. I’d like them to have fun too lol

3 Likes
5 Likes

It’s already been announced it will be in Cleveland sorry bro good pitch.