Worlds 2023

This topic just for thinking about where world 2023 will be held. In case you forgot it has to be somewhere in the US.

My guess is Cleveland, as that is convenient for Steve Brown, and, anyone taking on the task of organizing the World YoYo Contest deserves to have that task be as minimally inconvenient as possible.

9 Likes

The way things seem to be going, I’m guessing it’ll be online again :unamused:

1 Like

I would guess Cleveland again also (unless it’s online). Steve did an excellent job last time and there’s not too many other people up to the task or even interested in dealing with the stress of running worlds.

9 Likes

I agree, if not online, it should be in Cleveland. It just makes sense for a number of reasons. Only reason I see it changing for a US location is if Steve is wanting a different location or someone with the same ability as Steve is going to try for a year.

2 Likes

The only other location I see besides Cleveland is Philadelphia. But I think it’s a safe bet saying it is going to be in Cleveland.

1 Like

What about Hartford/Springfield? Not too far from Easthampton…I’m just saying

3 Likes

I can think of 2 other locations other than Cleveland: Los Angeles or Philadelphia. But if they wanted to really shake it up, then why not give a southern city like New Orleans a try (just saying).

Worlds in Boston would be so awesome, but venue costs are likely prohibitive for the city proper.

1 Like

Does anyone know where and when it is in Japan 2022?

Why not worlds in Arizona over by yyf?

5 Likes

Fair Trade Yoyos/FSYB is large and organized enough, we’d be more than happy to provide support to Steve, and could provide a ‘team’ of sorts to help make it happen.

Whoever ends up running the contest will have plenty of support from the IYYF, but volunteers to help at the actual event are always needed. There’s usually a sign up page for volunteers once the event is announced. :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

I just thought of something random. Disneyland California opened in 1955, so 2025 is it’s 70th anniversary. If WYYC 2020 wasn’t postponed, the world yoyo contest would be in the US in 2025, then Los Angeles/Anaheim would be a great option for the venue, but sadly it’s not anymore.

1 Like