Where would you like Worlds 2016 to be held?

Where would you like to see the 2016 World Yoyo Contest be held. If you would like to see it in a different city, select “Other” and tell us which city you would like to go to. You may choose up to three options.

NOTE: The cities listed were most (if not all) of the named cities in another post.

Chicago Illinois would be really awesome with Navy Pier as a venue. I’ve been to a contest there before and it was awesome. It’s really close to me also :slight_smile:

Cleveland would be the best for me because Steve has said that he would know how to run it there. If it was in Detroit it would be sick, but I feel like we don’t have any organizers around here who could take on the task of organizing worlds. Also, Detroit, while definitely way safer than it is presumed to be, is still not the safest place to have a contest that attracts families.

Chicago, because that’s the closest city listed to where I live.

1 Like

Sacramento, CA

Hawaii

I would like Minneapolis MN at the Mall of America But I would be down with chicago as well

San Francisco would be awesome, it’s a beautiful city! Lots of places to stay, and lots of good places for a venue, and it’ll give me yet another excuse to visit San Francisco! Oh and the food is amazing pretty much anywhere you go.

I’m all for having it in my back yard. It would save me a lot of travel time and expense, and I do have some card tables and so forth to accommodate the vendors. ;D

Both here and on Facebook, Chicago is the top pick.

Amundsen-Scott South Pole Station, let’s go truly global here. :slight_smile:

Get it in Portland so we can all visit One Drop!

Hahaha! I can’t believe my suggestion about Detroit actually made it onto the poll.

http://www.mikerembis.com/images/Sarena2.jpg

How about here for a venue?

I’ve heard some pretty shocking things about Chicago. Would bullet-proof vests be provided at the airport? :stuck_out_tongue:

It has my name in, so I’m definately up for that.

This thread has made me realise just how little I know about American geography. I went to Orland Florida once when I was 14… but there ends my knowledge of all things USA.

Well… besides knowing that Detroit isn’t somewhere for a romantic getaway…

My vote is for Los Angeles, California. Because California.

Singapore, or any southeast asian country in that matter.

Atlanta is closest to where I live :smiley:

But California is prob the best place. I went there once, just too nice there

While we would all like to have it somewhere close to where we live, a midwest location like Chicago, Cleveland, Denver, or Dallas would be accessible to the entire country, whereas I think an East Coast location like NYC or a West Coast location like San Francisco would alienate too many people. Expense should also be a concern. While NYC or San Francisco would be incredible host cities and beautiful venues, they would be some of the most expensive to stay in, and New York is very very expensive to drive in to which would strain the finances of anyone within driving distance.

I live in Philadelphia and I desperately want to attend, but I doubt I would be able to afford a trip to California or anywhere else on the West Coast, but if it was in Chicago, Birmingham, Cleveland, Detroit etc. I could realistically plan on a trip.

I can’t speak for anyone else, but I want throwing to continue to grow in popularity and I believe having the World Championship in an affordable, Mid-West, large market city would provide the best opportunity for large attendance numbers and greater community involvement from the entirety of the United States.

Now with my two cents in I would like to plug…

Philadelphia!!!

It goes against most of the things I just said… but if the tournament is going to be held on the East Coast I think Philadelphia would be a fantastic choice. Philly is the 5th largest city in the U.S., has a ton of history, great potential venues, is easy to drive in, much more affordable to stay in than New York City, has nice sunny weather most of the time, and is only a $20 bus ticket or 3 hour drive from NYC.

TL;DR - IMO the tournament should be in a more affordable Mid-West city for ease of access. Or it should be in Philadelphia :slight_smile: haha

Seattle, its closer to where most competitive yoyoers are in Canada. It’s also a pretty iconic place in the US

i chose chicago, denver and other.

i think it should be held in Kansas City, for the following reasons…

-there are plenty of potential venues
-amazing scenery throughout the city and state
-people here are SUPER nice (not saying there aren’t nice people in previously listed cities tho lol)
-plenty of news outlets to spread the word to yuggles that something amazing is taking place
-more affordable than somewhere like NYC, Chicago, etc.
-as mentioned previously, it would be a great “central point” for any north american throwers
-go big skill toys (located in shawnee, kansas) has yoyo workshops, and if we brought some of the new people to worlds, they could get a look at (literally) the best of the best and possibly learn off of it.
-we have the largest waterslide in the world (verruckt) for the more thrill seeking people
-plenty of places to shoot videos (lots of public fountains)
-Kansas City. Barbeque. Yup. :wink:

India. Lol

''Shameless Plug ‘’

Although I would love it to be in SF, I think that Las Vegas would be the best place. It’s easily accessible for everyone, and there is more than enough room for guests due to the large amounts of hotels.

Oh yeah, I forgot about San Diego, CA! There’s an international airport, plenty of hotel space, and a HUGE convention center there. (The convention center is where comic-con is held so it would be big enough for sure)