WTF happened to my Northstar spacer.

i care for my yoyo like its my baby. i clean it, i never had a ding since i bought it. How is it that the spacer got stuck to the bearing and it wont come off. i tried pliers but it would only scratch the spacer which sucked. and the axle is kinda wobbly.

can someone tell me how to get it out or if theres a way to replace. Thanks :slight_smile:

It happens. It is normal for those YYF spacers to get stuck in the bearing. I like to put a pocket knife blade between the bearing and spacer and gently pry them apart.

Man beat again. well I’ll go eat a you fail again sandwich. ;D

Anywho I would also mention in the soft pryining with your pocket knife use a rolling motion to softly seperate the bearing and spacers.

why do you even want it off???

Obviously to clean or lube it…

I use a push pin

Yes, I thumb tack would work. Here’s a tutorial from Tyler Severance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INyRFN49_qc&feature=related

Its also natural if that happens. Happened to my starlight. Unless, was anything different?

i actually prefer keeping my spacers like that. i mean. if you need to clean the bearing…take e’m off. otherwise, leave them on! I obeserved that a yoyo splays smoother when the bearing is stuck to the spacers.

The axle is wobbly because it is just a hex cap screw in a clearance hole. When you put it back together, the nut in the other half will pull the spacers and the shells together in alignment. That’s why they use spacers - to line the whole thing up reasonably well.