Wrongful, blatant forum censorship (and a larger discussion about A-RT as a company)

There was a lot of complicated stuff in that thread. Moderators make the best call they can in the moment but it doesn’t mean we can’t go back and look at things again.

We are all human trying to create a positive environment (and especially here on YoYoExpert that has always been our goal from day one) and I need some time to read through the deleted threads to figure out what to bring back or not since it happened in the middle of a whirlwind of work for me (we just got done running a yoyo booth at a three week state fair and I honestly haven’t been able to be at a computer for much of that time and I have some serious communication debt this week.)

But I will look into it and will let you know.

I will say at the end of the day - our goal is never to ‘censor’ because we are trying to protect someone from something that wasn’t a good look and I agree that there should be accountability within the yoyo community and I have always been proud of the fact that very often our forum is a repository for this. I think some of the ‘content’ was the problem here and that makes things very complicated to moderate - trying to decide how to keep this a safe environment for all ages while allowing for accountability within the community.

I will followup and appreciate you bringing to our attention.

75 Likes