Anyone receive or get to throw the A-rt Inhaler yet?

I’m very interested in hearing what people think of the Inhaler yo-yo. It’s definitely peaked my interest. Let me know if you’ve got to throw it yet and what you think.

7 Likes

Keen to hear first impressions on this throw as well. Would be interested to hear if it offers anything uniquely different / special to the other organics out there with similar specs. That price tag is up there for a AL throw! :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Mine should be here tomorrow. If I get some extra time I’ll be sure to drop some initial thoughts

9 Likes

Plays as advertised high wall no schmoove flat bearing your game better be tight. Rejections like a beast. Great hand feel feels just slightly undersized. Response can be a bit slippy on risky or low speed binds.

10 Likes

Good to hear, did you get the lighter or heavier model?

4 Likes

Pink which was lighter

4 Likes

I have to agree with all this and I got the Heavier one. My binds are also slippy which is very unusual for an A-RT, especially for this design and a flat bearing. I’m wondering now, if its something with the pads, like they need to be cleaned, or maybe the bearing gap is wider than other models. From a design perspective the the inner wall is very old school CLYW.

5 Likes

I was gonna swap out pads but noticed they were dad pads so it’s the exact same A-RT response it’s gotta be the design. I did notice these pads are recessed just a bit so maybe the pad channel is deeper? My Grail pads are flush.

I may silicone this one. Weak response is one of my biggest pet peeves I really love a snappy bind.

5 Likes

I just cleaned mine with some isopropyl alcohol and a Q-tip and its made a noticeable difference. During testing I could see how there could have been some contaminants in the pFetus lab.

https://www.instagram.com/p/ChFeA4lpYfV/

6 Likes

I siliconed mine and it binds very nicely.

4 Likes

Yeah I’m sure that would do it! The dad pads are recessed just a bit too much imo. I plan to use flowable on mine as well should solve the issue and even improve beyond what pads could offer. A nice recessed silicone job is my absolute favorite response

3 Likes

Ya I bet you will like it better. I also put a centering bearing in mine.

2 Likes

if youre an organic shape lover you’ll like it.

i got mine today and my first impressions are great. as with any A-Rt i play bc im just another art fan boy.

its def not for people who complain tho. lol. (if you know you know)

4 Likes

Is it 6061?

On paper it reminds me of OD’s Intro / Nitro - based on specs - Intro material / AL grade and Nitro weight.

How does it play in comparison to those, or something like the Unspoken Murmur which is also really similar in specs / half the price?

That ‘ripple rim’ design on the Inhaler looks dope! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

the play is very quick on this one. Its fast snappy , regens are awesome , rejections are fun.

I think the weight is perfect, but can confirm once you are off plane it will punish you . I think i will probably get a string centering bearing put into this.

When I got the dale I was hoping for a B7 grail feeling yoyo with a more compact size. I didnt feel like the dale did that for me. The inhaler however does. It plays like the floaty grail, and has a nice compact size I tend to like with my organics.

4 Likes

I have played the intro and the murmur, and I would say those play clunky in comparison to the inhaler.

5 Likes

Alright I got mine in the mail and I’ve got some first impressions. I got a green one(the heavier of the 2). Initially I would say with the one drop flat bearing in and the string it came with this thing was a ton of fun but very punishing, not that I’m complaining because I knew what I was signing up for. After cleaning the pads with some alcohol wipes and putting some Ka-pow string on it and a center track bearing this yo-yo is like sex on a string. Oh my god it’s so much fun and everything I wanted. A Ka-pow string makes it have nice and snappy binds like you are used to. The center track bearing will allow you to readjust back to center(vs the weird drift from the flat)if you are drifting from getting sloppy but while still letting the yo-yo keep you honest. With those 2 little changes I couldn’t be more excited to thrown this yo-yo for the next long while. The Inhaler will get you absolutely dialed while having a blast at the same time, and that’s before I get into the litany of medical issues this thing resolved for me. Pfetus is doing gods work.

13 Likes

Define “clunky”, please

1 Like

Updating to report that pouring flowable silicone in the response fixed the bind issue right up. Cleaning pads with iso didn’t quite get me where I wanted it to be, so I pulled the pads and went with good ole permatex.

6 Likes

spending more time with inhaler and man this thing is fun. so fun that i just get lost in the sauce and forget about the spin time seeing how many trick i can combo on one throw. i agree that swapping out the bearing and putting differnt pads and string on it will make it play better. but then i thought hmm why not just keep it the way they intended.
im sticking with the flat bearing and fat string it came with. gonna see where this takes me.

6 Likes