Anyone receive or get to throw the A-rt Inhaler yet?

the green ones are heavier?

Green, blue and brown are 1 gram heavier than the clear, yellow and pink ones. The heavier ones have two circles around the pads to tell them apart.

4 Likes

I was not a fan of the murmur honestly , to unstable , and didnt really offer much for me other than a challenging throw. The intro is a keeper but it plays heavy in comparison to the inhaler. The intro changes directions a bit slow in comparison also to the inhaler. Intro spins longer and is more stable but the inhaler is less stable and much quicker.

I havent had the problems with binds on mine. They have been pretty tight . I also switched to a string centering bearing and can report back that it made a huge difference , which is not something I usually say about swapping out flat bearings.

5 Likes

@Deadboots If I were to try and compare the Inhaler to a current release, I would have to go with the Atmos Projects Fruitloop. Granted the Fuitloop plays a lot heavier as it is more rim weighted, but it shares the fact of the novelty of being a boxy midsize organic that can thumb grind. Now the Fruitloop didn’t wow me at first, so I put it back in it’s carton after a couple sessions. These dropped back in April of this year and are now all over the BSTs and B-grades are still available. Now I like the Murmur, but like @Chriscatastrophe said it plays slow and it feels nice with some good colorways (Cherry Blossom is the best one IMO), but the thought of a comparison brought me to the Fruitloop. After playing the Inhaler (the heavier one) I’m now playing the Fruitloop and starting to click with it. Now its no A-RT, as those who know, A-RT just has that It factor, designed by trick creating legends and machined by some of the best at One Drop. The A-RT ascetic just has it’s own vibe. Since the Inhaler is a signature, I’ll probably keep it the stock set up for now. The Fruitloop has the Concave and grippy RSO/Atmos Saturn Pads and plays kind of similar, and now I’m really enjoying its vibe after taking a few breaths with the Inhaler.

4 Likes

Art is probably getting a kick out of seeing people trying to tune performance out of what’s essentially an anti-modern yoyo. The way it comes from Art, it was all intentional no? Why even purchase it when it plainly laid out its attempt to go against the grain? If you bought it, you do you, thats part of the beauty, but i have a feeling the players that will get the most out of this yoyo arent very interested in performance, or see the peice as a work of performance art. Adding centering bearing might have the opposite intended effect, maybe thats the point…

7 Likes

I can’t say you are wrong on any of that. I know for myself this throw is definitely showing me I’ve got a lost ways to go with my play. I’m kind of looking at it as a fun trainer. I’m going to see how far I can get with it on a centering bearing for a long bit and then go back to the flat and see if I can get even more dialed.

1 Like

yeah I dont really buy into the idea that they were trying to make an anti yoyo , but it feels more like they were pointing out that the features they like about yoyos are not popular , nor provide any performance value. For me the only thing I did was swap the bearing because honestly the slight increase in spin time and stability (I want to emphasize it was minor) made the yoyo perfect for me. The weight distribution makes it feel like the yoyo is hardly sitting on the string. This is a yoyo I can grab a beer and take out in the backyard and throw around to some chill music.

6 Likes

thats funny i thought this exact thing. it reminds me of the fruitloop. i prefer the inhaler for a few dif reasons but mainly bc art.

1 Like

I love my fruitloop but stopped using it because the finish bothers me too much!

3 Likes

So I got mine in, as is normally the case A-RT doesn’t disappoint. Compared to nitro/intro family it’s definitely lighter/less dense feeling with the rims being far thinner.

This feels most comparable to a wide panorama or ywet, or a canvas with no rim–considering all the center weight gives it good stability when it’s spinning quick, albeit it goes to s*** when that spin winds down. It’s kind of like a Sistine when it gets slow in the sense that it gives you the highwall orgy feel, but with the center hub being so Bubblicious it gets to be like a Noah with brass sidefx on a good throw.

Do the mini schmoove rings help open up suicides and slack? Probably not–but that somatic effect is real. Do I prefer it to my Noah in terms of midsize organics? Also no, but I don’t play it like my Noah which has a raised response for more modern play. I send the latter into quick speed combos without regard for the axis, whereas this one I’m more concerned on playing on its plane.

Does it bind snappy? Yes, and I love that the recess is slightly deeper so snags occur less. I’m not sure what everyone is complaining about, mine hasn’t missed binds even at the lowest rpms. To me it’s very much at a sweet spot–albeit I am running it with a thicc markmont poly string so maybe that has something to do with it. The bearing is fantastic as well, although we know how OD 10-balls love to get crunchy after a couple hours of use–a point I haven’t reached yet.

As with other art throws like the 420 or the Dale, this is its own experience that encourages you to play outside the performance hook-maxing playstyle to max out the clicks you can get per trick. It encourages you to play along with the yoyo as opposed to making the yoyo conform to you. And while some people prefer to be masters of their throws, I am a fan of the tango that art throws dance.

As for the QC, it’s a tad under butter smooth, with some very minimal fingernail feel (not enough to make a ring when you test it, just an inkling from the gentle beat of its passionate heart), and the light splotches you can see on the inner rim. Otherwise the finish is standard as with the rest of the a-rt lineup, good for grinds and sweaty grippers like mine.

I won’t ever let it go, and I don’t need no other highwalls anymore. Except maybe a canvas–it still hasn’t taken that spot for me.

Hope y’all love yours as much as I love mine :heart:

16 Likes

this is a good summation of the yoyo. I agree on the binds. I havent noticed it slipping much at all.

1 Like

What? The murmur “chunky”? Wow

Clunky, I thought it moved kind of clunky in comparison to the inhaler. it was heavy unstable, didnt change direction well … When compared with the inhaler.

4 Likes

Got mine today and have been using it a ton. The play actually really reminds me of the SPYY Spyder for anyone who remembers that yoyo from back in the day. I love that it feels light but very “solid” thanks to it’s center weight. I found the binds to be perfectly snappy and grippy for my own string preference (kitty String first class regular) and the flat bearing definitely brings me back to some of the classic yoyos I grew up with.
Ivan mentioned some of the ano marks on the inside and mine has the same I have to say. But otherwise no issues really at all.
This plays downright S̶̛̼̺̘͈͎̬̝̠̳͓̥͕̪̺̞̲̄͋̊͜Ẁ̶͍̠̺̩̟̱͇̖͇̰̉̓͊̍͑͆̽̓̄̽̓̑̔̒͗̒͘͠͠U̷̡̩̣͉̳̟͍̳̬̩̥̟̭͇̫͕̲̯͖̻̭͠Ñ̸̡̛̛̛̤̜̯̜͙̹̣̼͈͙̠̩̜̬͔̓̎͆̍̒̅̌̈́̌̃̓̀̉̓̍͘͘͜͝K̷̢̧̬̙̟̩̹̺͕͕̘̣̞̼̺̤̺̞̣̰̲̼̮͋̀́͋̚͘Y̶̛͉̘̮̭̖̞̩͈̝͕̾̽̑̉̋͒͒̄̽́̾̈́̃̉́͊̆̄͗͠͝

13 Likes

A case of mistaken identity🙀

DUUUDE I am SO beyond bummed rn… tried to cop a clear but the payment system is absolute CHEEKS on that site, and by the time I realized that/tried to switch to Apple Pay on my phone, they were all sold out (in like .01 seconds!) Luckily I was able to cop a gold a- grade, which is whatever, but I still REALLY want that clear so if you don’t like yours absolutely hit me up.

3 Likes

Dude, at least you like other color. Unlike a boring guy like myself, I tried to cop the Clear one and when it turns out it all sold out, I lost all the motivation and forgot that the Gold one is there. Smh

1 Like

The clears sold out in like 30 seconds. I cannot believe I got one in time. Reminds me of the clear DK drop. I hope you can end up getting a clear!

I’m floored to hear the positive feedback regarding the model. Can’t wait to get it!

5 Likes

i got screwed by that too. paypal makin’ me confirm who i am via the app before it would go through. the whole thing took like 10 seconds but somehow that was long enough for them to sell out. tried for a gold. also sold out. i dont know how people get in so fast haha

2 Likes

(post deleted by author)